Senior Director, Policy Communications at Peloton (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Peloton’s Senior Director, Policy Communications will lead all communications efforts for a variety of policy-related initiatives and programs, as well as support government relations and work across key areas including, but not limited to, privacy, content, technology, social impact/ESG, DEI and corporate wellness for Peloton. You will report to the SVP of Global Communications and work closely with the Head of Government Affairs and Public Policy, as well as other key cross-functional partners at the company. You should have a solid grasp of the U.S. and global political landscape, as well as technology, manufacturing and healthcare issues, and internal policies relevant to Peloton's business. In addition, you have strong media relations skills, experience working at the intersection of technology, media and social issues; be passionate about communications, healthcare, and innovation; be a creative, strategic problem-solver with an affinity for details and project management. This role is perfect for a great collaborator and partner who possesses an outstanding work ethic, a positive attitude, and being capable of working at a rapid-growth organization. In addition, this person should have the ability to distill sophisticated policy issues and Peloton’s perspective on those issues with external partners.
- Lead communications activities on relevant policy issues pertinent to the business, which spans Content, Technology, Retail, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Apparel, and other areas
- Manage inbound press inquiries on a range of issues related to internal policies
- Craft a wide range of communications materials including blog posts, communications plans, fact sheets, statements, press releases and briefing materials for executives
- Develop and pitch stories related to Peloton’s policies and procedures
- Support company launches and announcements
- Collaborate with our Global Communications, Policy, Legal, Product, and Operations teams to build, understand and communicate on policies that support and protect our community and reputation
- Help build programs that help educate the press, policy makers and Peloton members on issues that are important to Peloton
- Develop proactive campaigns to educate policy makers and Peloton members on key policy-related issues
- Cultivate new and existing relationships with policy media, trade and advocacy associations
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in public policy, public affairs, crisis communications, or issues management
- Experience juggling multiple due-dates on intricate, critical issues
- Expertise in distilling sophisticated policy or technology concepts into plain language
- Skilled at managing cross-functional partner relations in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on both strategy and execution
- PR Agency, in-house or public sector experience preferred
- Understanding of the intersection of technology with the healthcare, fitness and/or wellness space
- Skilled in program development and management, as well as cross-functional relationship building
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.