Senior Director, Programmatic Sales
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As our Senior Director, Business Development, you will be accountable for leading the business development efforts for one our largest business units on the globe. This hands-on role is responsible for identifying and securing new revenue opportunities and building upon existing relationships within one of our largest most strategic partners, while working with key internal stakeholders to deliver and support long term regional success. You will lead an existing team of sales manager rock stars and work to grow it substantially over time.
You are a master relationship builder, sales leader, and creative problem solver. You exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism at all times and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. You are well versed in the agency landscape in your territory, with key relationships already established. This high visibility role offers an unparalleled opportunity to lead one of our largest accounts by demonstrating your understanding of programmatic, customer engagement, & strategic up selling.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop a vision and strategy for TTD’s business with one of our largest agency holding company partners
- Manage an existing team of sales managers
- Attract, develop, and retain superstar talent
- Work cross-functionally with client services and trading teams to cultivate accounts
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Take the lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Oversee global account discussions with counterparts in APAC & EMEA regions
- Work closely with product, marketing, and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Mentor and manage others in the organization with account responsibility
- Make a positive contribution to The Trade Desk company culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience managing senior sellers and a scaled sales teams, with a special knack for developing great talent
- Outstanding sales leadership experience, with a track record of up-selling and winning net new accounts
- Experience in media sales in the New York area, and a great reputation amongst clients
- Experience building longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, & collaborate across multiple departments
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.