Senior Director, Sales Strategy & Operations at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You’re passionate about optimizing processes, driving efficiencies, tech stack strategy, and improving the overall effectiveness for global sales organizations. You have experience breaking down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components, and delivering efficient operational solutions. You're a strong storyteller with the ability to synthesize information into actionable insights for any audience. You create executive business strategies and aren't afraid of getting your hands dirty by digging into sophisticated sales operations.
You're excited to collaborate alongside Dataminr’s Sales leadership team to help define sales processes, strategy and KPIs, and develop the cross-functional operating system to meet and exceed those metrics. You'll identify the capacity, processes and tooling required to streamline workflows within our Sales organization, and also collaborate with functional leads across the business to align on the Sales playbook and execution strategy.
As Senior Director, Sales Strategy & Operations, you'll report to the VP, Sales Operations and manage a team. You'll partner across Dataminr’s private and public sector Sales teams to lead a core function that improves customer experience through the buying process.
- Partner closely with Global Sales Leadership to achieve growth objectives and collaborate cross-functionally to drive strong relationships and alignment with Sales in go-to-market strategy
- Lead and refine Dataminr's sales process at scale, supporting the Sales team with insights and workflows to maximize the customer’s buying journey
- Orchestrate and direct weekly forecast and pipeline reviews with Sales Leadership, driving forecast accuracy and predictability against bookings targets through improved sales process, system enhancements and total transparency with executive management
- Oversee the refining and maintenance of sales territories and provide comprehensive analysis of territory alignment decisions
- Ensure the automation of tracking and decision-making capabilities relating to pipeline development and account and territory management
- Establish and maintain operating cadence/rigor across all sales/field functions to ensure the health of the business on achieving key performance metrics including forecast accuracy, funnel analysis, and pipeline management
- Identify key opportunities for business improvement through a combination of analytics, qualitative insights and good business sense. Deliver actionable results / recommendations for the business that accelerate growth
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of our business and develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify growth opportunities
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing management teams to understand quarterly goals and execution strategy
- Own the roadmap of sales tools that align with business strategy and objectives, and drive adoption and enablement of these tools and processes
- Responsible for annual fiscal planning and execution including organizational structure, financial goal setting, quota setting, and market segmentation
- Support executive deliverables such as Board Reviews, Executive QBRs, and more as needed
- Build and drive process, change management, and operational efficiencies within the global Sales organization
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in a Sales Operations, Strategy and/or Sales Leadership role in B2B SaaS (software-as-a-service) environments
- Ability to lead through influence, working alongside organizational leadership (Sales, Enablement, Operations, Product Management, and Executive Team)
- Proven track record of leading change management, building aligned tooling and developing methods to measure and systemize Sales KPIs for internal teams and customers
- Deep understanding of standard business practices related to Sales Operations processes and systems (sales cycle, CRM applications, lead generation, reporting, forecasting, territory management, compensation planning and sales quotas)
- Experience with Sales technology tooling (Salesforce, Salesloft, ZoomInfo, Gong, Gainsight, etc.)
- Strong people management, coaching and development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-VG1