Senior Director - Strategic Accounts at Canoe
COMPANY: Canoe Intelligence
TITLE: Senior Director - Strategic Accounts
LOCATION: New York, NY
Canoe’s Senior Director - Strategic Accounts will have the responsibility of managing and expanding a selection of our most strategic clients, including some of the world’s largest and most influential asset managers, administrators, and institutional investors. In this role, you will work across the organization to retain, renew, and expand Canoe’s position within its strategic client base, while managing work streams with Product, Technology, Client Success, Sales, and the Exec Team to drive successful outcomes. Further, you will develop deep, trusting relationships with key business sponsors and executive decision makers.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and proactively manage Canoe’s most strategic client relationships, delivering success for clients, securing retention, and driving revenue growth.
- Internally project-manage key accounts to ensure onboarding, adoption, and expansion processes are successful.
- Build and cultivate relationships with C-level executives, business sponsors, and day-to-day users at client organizations.
- Articulate product requirements to ensure client growth targets are met, capture feedback to drive strategic initiatives and product development, and liaise with product to ensure development and communication plans are being executed.
- Introduce new products and services to strategic clients, working with Sales and Marketing to identify and present opportunities.
- Design strategic client management processes and build a blueprint and structure to support continued growth within these segments.
What We’re Looking For:
- Commercial-minded relationship manager with demonstrated ability to retain and expand strategic accounts
- Elite communication, problem-solving and risk management skills
- Project management skills and ability to wear multiple hats in a fast-paced environment
- Unwavering integrity
- 10+ years of experience and proven track record managing key relationships in the investment management space with strategic and executive contacts
- Experience developing and expanding relationships with C-level executives
- Experience managing relationships in institutional investment, global wealth management, asset management, and/or financial technology space
What You’ll Get:
- Access to benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and commuter benefits
- 20 days PTO + Gym & Wellness Reimbursement
- Key exposure to executive management team
- Ability to contribute to foundational growth at a hyper-growth start-up
- Access to some of the world’s largest and most prominent institutional and asset management firms
What’s The Process?
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview(s), Video Interviews, and Small Project.
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success
Who We Are:
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly-frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.