Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships
Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, and other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, and action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, and Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine™ to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, and increase sales.
We're looking for a talented Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships who will be responsible for prospecting new business opportunities to resell Yext’s revolutionary product offering. The Director of Sales will identify, nurture and close opportunities with new partners, driving the full sales cycle from first contact through contract negotiation. In this role, you will work cooperatively with internal departments, including account managers to ensure client satisfaction and identify up-sell opportunities. Ultimately, you will drive lead and sales velocity through the sale of strategic solutions that serve the best interests of our prospective and current partners.
This will be an individual contributor role, working out of our headquarters in New York City.
- Achieve and exceed sales quota through identification, qualification and closure of new, upsell and cross-sell business
- Develop and cultivate relationships with high value partner prospects
- Understand partners’ needs and effectively communicate how Yext will meet them
- Mandatory use of Salesforce.com for activity logging, lead qualification, opportunity management, forecasting and maintenance of customer data
- Own and actively manage relationships with all acquired and inherited business which comprises your personal book of business
- Deliver product demonstrations and leverage Yext software knowledge to effectively and efficiently communicate value to prospects and clients
- BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of successful sales experience in an activity driven performance based environment
- Proven record of successfully developing and closing strategic partnerships
- Ability to work independently with limited direction in a fast-paced environment; must be a motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment (top 10% performer)
- Expert knowledge of SEO, SEM, and the Yext product suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with a proven ability to interact with C-Level Executives and senior sales leaders
- Accurate forecasting and pipeline management
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious team player
- Ability to adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities
- Ability to travel
- Mastery of consultative, value-based selling techniques
- Local, Display and/or Search market experience
- SaaS experience
- Passion for cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of MS-office software, web-based presentation platforms and Salesforce.com
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work® as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team and culture on the muse, our website, and our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.