Senior Director, Strategy at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Director of Strategy to help us evaluate new business opportunities to enable rapid growth in our user base, drive innovation in the customer experience, and boost our overall competitive market position.
The Strategy function at Squarespace is newly created and is responsible for leading the company-wide strategic planning process, leading foundational research (research, market mapping, total addressable market, etc), and partnering with our Operating Committee on high priority, cross-functional strategic projects.
In this role you will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer. Our headquarters is in New York City but we are open to remote candidates.
- Build Squarespace's near- and long-term growth strategies, in areas that can create new profitable revenue sources.
- Drive end-to-end strategic projects to launch a new business or accelerate the growth of an existing business
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to combine market research, user insight, and product vision to drive strategic decision making. As part of this, oversee and lead the scoping of complex research-based projects, secure stakeholder and working team engagement and provide operational leadership and support as needed to deliver key business outcomes.
- Lead high-priority executive sponsored projects end-to-end spanning product development, pricing, market sizing, international expansion, conversion strategy, and TAM analysis
- Guide team on best practices by utilizing your expertise in primary and secondary research, project management, and stakeholder management
- Lead Squarespace’s long-term, near-term, and annual strategic planning processes, drawing insight from the full leadership team and integrating all functional areas to define a single agenda for the company
- Prepare financial and operational analysis on business cases, such as build vs buy initiatives and strategic partnerships, among others.
- Minimum of 12+ years of relevant experience, MBA preferred
- Prior top tier management consulting, and/or corporate strategy experience is required; experience at a consumer software company is preferred (not mandatory).
- Experience managing complex projects and programs while demonstrating exceptional business judgement
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with all levels throughout the organization and present comfortably to leadership
- Experience executing and managing primary / secondary research and translating data into strategic recommendations to aid in decision making
- Excellent strategic problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communicator
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.