Senior Manager, Broker Channel at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Justworks’ Business Development team is responsible for bringing in revenue through strategic partnerships. The Sr. Manager, Broker Channel will set the strategy on how best to identify and source new partnerships with health insurance brokers, and then manage those relationships to set them up for success. This is a quota-carrying role within the sales organization that reports into the Director, Business Development.
The role consists of 3 parts: 1) Strategy. This person should cultivate deep industry expertise and analyze performance metrics in order to proactively recommend approaches to leverage the channel to the Director, BD; 2) Sales. This person should be able to sell a broker on the benefits of partnering with Justworks; and 3) Relationship Management. This person will then nurture those partners and source referral business on an ongoing basis. It will be your job to analyze the data and surface opportunities to grow the channel.What you'll do
- Own the channel strategy across a nearly 300-broker (and growing) ecosystem nationwide
- Manage the broker program P&L
- Keep an eye on competitor broker programs and benchmark incentives accordingly
- Figure out how to deliver non-monetary value back to brokers’ practices
- Manage two channel managers and help them identify which brokerages to focus on
- Prospect and set up meetings with brokers; perform QBRs with top partners and devise new ways to nurture partner relationships
- Hit quarterly new partner, lead generation, and revenue targets
- Liaise with our VP Risk & Insurance Programs on managing broker MLR and renewal strategy
- Report to Finance regularly on overall program health
- Work closely with Business Operations to ensure broker partners are paid accurately and on time
- Build relationships internally with sales managers and, in addition to the teams mentioned above, work cross-functionally with Marketing, CS, etc.
- Travel to other US cities to grow the Broker channel in multiple markets (once it is considered safe to do so)
- Enhance overall reporting, data integrity, and processes necessary to scale
- Rollout changes to the broker agreement if and when needed
- Other duties as needed based on department and/or organizational needs
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-moving, dynamic environment where no two days are alike
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- 7-8 years in a quota-carrying role, either in BD, partnerships or enterprise sales
- Some management experience preferred
- Track record of building strong business relationships
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM (other systems like Tableau are a plus)
- Superior communication skills
- Jack of all trades, startup hustler who isn’t afraid to roll his/her sleeves up, doing event planning, marketing, sales operations, whatever is necessary
- Past experience selling into and/or networking with the broker community strongly preferred but not required
- Strong network within the health insurance and/or broker community preferred but not required
- Health insurance broker license a plus
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment