Senior Manager, Business Development
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About the role...
Are you passionate about partnering with others and building a business? Do you enjoy strategically seeking out new opportunities? We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our Business Development team!
The Business Development team is responsible for establishing and growing revenue-generating partnerships at Policygenius. We are creative and data-driven in figuring out ways to grow the business; currently employing referral relationships, affiliates, newsletters, content marketing, and more integrated digital solutions for our partners. We look for win-win opportunities that benefit both us and our partners. In the first-ever role of its kind, the Senior Manager, Business Development will report into the Director of Business & Corporate Development.
- Strategically prospect for new partnerships or grow existing opportunities
- Work cross-functionally across Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to get larger-scale partnerships properly implemented
- Engage with potential partners via phone and email, consistently communicating with a sense of urgency
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new channel, etc.) via analytics, research, consumer insights, etc.
- Assemble clear and concise presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
- A Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of business development, consulting, or account management experience; financial services experience a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with others to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills; ability to understand complex business and product strategies
- A deep aptitude for numbers, passion for accuracy, and exceptional attention to detail
- A proven track record of meeting deadlines and collaborating with stakeholders across multiple teams
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)