Senior Manager, Business Development
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The vision of our Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses by creating meaningful and value-added engagement at every touchpoint, developing the foundation for an ongoing business relationship. The vision of our Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses through an ecosystem of partners. Our goal in partnerships is to deliver OnDeck credit products via unique partner experiences.
As a Senior Manager, Business Development, this role is critical to sourcing and launching new strategic partners across a number of industry verticals in the payments, service provider, retail, and lead generation categories. Given OnDeck’s reliance on partnerships in generating 50%+ of revenue, new partners are critical to our continued growth and success.
As a member of our business development and partnerships team, this role will encompass two primary objectives: 1) assist with new partner business development and 2) support our key existing strategic partners. OnDeck’s partnerships team is an innovative and fast-growing function within the company that allows small businesses to access our credit products via unique partner experiences. In this role you will be reporting to the VP, Business Development.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Experience in business development and partner facing roles, preferably in the financial services or financial technology space
- For new partner business development evaluate the current partner landscape and act on a disciplined, data informed approach to engaging, boarding, and scaling new partners by vertical (payments, service providers, retail, etc…)
- Strong analytical framework to develop strategic plans, evaluate operationally intensive processes, and articulate key prioritizations
- Ability to manage projects through in an efficient manner, from working with junior and senior stakeholders to providing clear project management timelines
- For strategic partnership support maintain responsibility as key relationship manager for many OnDeck partners, this includes:
- Run point on all partnership initiatives as the key point of contact, ensure partner service quality, project manage any technology, sales, or credit initiatives
- Define and manage to key performance related to each strategic partner
- Collaborate internally with key stakeholders to provide appropriate level of partner service
- Establish and manage all performance metrics related to partnership channels ensuring proper performance
Nice-to-haves (not required):
Comfortable with digital tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and Tableau
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**