Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
This newly created Senior Manager Commissions role will be reporting to our Assistant Controller and will be responsible for owning our variable compensation processes including preparing accurate commission & bonus calculations, managing the execution of plan documents, as well as enhancing, automating, and scaling commission-related processes. We are looking for someone who has a working understanding of SaaS compensation structures, systems and key metrics. The Senior Manager Commissions will further build, automate and enhance the Company’s processes by providing greater visibility into both commission expense forecasting and payout details to recipients, as well as potentially implementing a commissions system.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining commission calculation files for variable compensation plans, including those for the Sales, Marketing and Customer Success teams.
- Partnering with Revenue Operations, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing leadership to document, distribute, and collect executed bonus/commission plans.
- Establishing an efficient process for providing detailed commission and bonus statements to employees.
- Partnering with the Finance and Revenue Operations teams to accurately incorporate bookings activity in commissions calculations, including evaluating contract terms which impact commission calculations.
- Assisting Revenue Operations and Finance leadership in the creation of SPIFF and/or promotional sales programs and reward tracking on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensuring accurate and timely payouts in accordance with terms of commission plans through effective communication with Sales and Finance leadership.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to enhance, automate and scale applicable processes, potentially including leading the implementation of a commissions system.
- Working with Revenue Operations on any commission discrepancies or questions.
- Providing support and clarity for Kustomer employees with questions concerning commission statements and payout.
- Preparing monthly journal entries and completing other month-end activities related to commission accounting.
- Completing ad hoc commission reporting, analysis, and other projects as needed.
- Deep understanding of sales compensation practices, SaaS-based compensation plan structures, procedures, and key metrics in a SaaS environment.
- Experience implementing a commission system (such as Xactly) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of and comfort with Salesforce.
- 5+ years of experience working on sales compensation administration & commission calculations, ideally in a role with direct responsibility for the preparation of sales commission calculations.
- Highly detailed oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization ranging from staff to executives.
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow through. You can own and take tasks through to completion.
- Able to multitask and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a high-growth environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Familiarity with ASC 606 / ASC 340-40 and other applicable accounting standards.
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, and a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Learn More About Kustomer: