The Corporate Development team is at the heart of all things Betterment, turning new opportunities into a reality to better serve the financial needs of America. Working closely with our Head of Corporate Development, you will identify and execute durable partnerships and strategic opportunities that accelerate Betterment’s vision.
You enjoy identifying new opportunities in the market and find true satisfaction leading the entire process from strategy and ideation through execution and integration. You have a track record of successfully understanding partner needs, crafting innovative solutions, and closing deals. Proactive and driven by nature, you thrive when working collaboratively with multidisciplinary stakeholders to identify business needs and build consensus. You’re excited to be a Betterment evangelist, and you are looking for a role that will empower you to make substantial and immediate impacts on our future.A Day in the Life:
- Lead diligence, execution, integration, and management of key strategic partnerships that drive new business and enhance Betterment’s distribution capabilities.
- Identify, structure, and implement partnerships that accelerate our roadmap and drive value for customers.
- Drive cross-functional efforts to prioritize our business needs and identify new opportunities, leading complex pitches and RFP responses as required.
- Work with our legal team to prepare proposals, draft memorandums of understanding, and translate deal terms into contractual terms.
- Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to internal and external stakeholders, and negotiate and execute new growth and optimization initiatives.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of prospective partners and report on the effectiveness of our corporate and business development efforts.
- Support ad-hoc, large scale corporate development initiatives (M&A) in conjunction with the Head of Corporate Development and our Finance & Strategy teams (as needed).
- Relevant experience in business or corporate development at rapidly scaling B2B / B2B2C companies.
- Investment banking or management consulting experience from a top-tier firm.
- A deep understanding of the financial services industry and / or a robust network of relationships in financial services.
- Proven track record of leading complex partnerships and enterprise deals through diligence, execution, and integration.
- A knack for working cross-functionally to build consensus, a sharp technical acumen, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and strategic mindset: you’re adept at analyzing and synthesizing data to support strategies and communications internally and externally.
- An ability to deftly juggle multiple competing priorities to achieve maximum results and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Comfort with ambiguity: you’re capable of solving complex business problems independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation skills: you’re an excellent storyteller and charismatic presenter.
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.