Senior Manager, New Business Development at DoorDash
The DoorDash New Business Development team is a small, fast-paced, high-performing group responsible for incubating new lines of business and graduating them to scale. Current areas of focus include new partnership verticals and service offerings for Drive, Marketplace, DashMart, and DoorDash Kitchens. The team’s primary function is revenue generating partnerships, but it also touches strategy, product management, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and other functions necessary to vet and scale new offerings and partner segments.About the Role
As the Senior Manager of New Business Development you will...
- Lead exploratory discussions with prospective partners to determine market fit, size, and readiness for new product offerings.
- Shape product roadmap and go-to-market strategies based on market feedback
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our partners and DoorDash leadership, product, legal, operations, and other functional teams
- Develop pitch and positioning for new products or partner segments
- Develop and manage pipelines of target partners
- Manage and grow existing partnerships
- Develop template agreements and negotiate first-of-a-kind partnerships, including deal economics
- Inform goals for growth and revenue (and its proxies); and advise on associated business resource needs
- Inform go/no-go and prioritization decisions on new businesses
- You are entrepreneurially minded with a nose for opportunity and tolerance for ambiguity and risk
- You have excellent judgement. You are comfortable making decisions based on imperfect data
- You are a master communicator, inclusive of listening and speaking
- You are a proven leader, collaborator, and consensus builder
- You set and communicate clear and effective visions and strategies for your teams
- You are a purpose driven problem solver with healthy impatience and a strong bias for action
- You are naturally optimistic and resilient, but not blinded by conviction
- You cultivate extensive mutually beneficial relationships
- You are functionally self sufficient and thrive cross functionally
- You are intellectually curious and flexible, but progress and results oriented
- You are similarly comfortable setting big picture strategy as you are rolling up your sleeves
We're excited about you because...
- You have 7-10 years experience in early stage business development or strategic partnerships in technology or high growth / early stage startups
- You have sourced and negotiated numerous first-of-a-kind deals and partnerships
- You have extensive experience setting product and go-to-market strategies
- You have extensive cross-functional experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, MBA or JD preferred
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is dedicated to growing local economies and empowering new ways of working, earning, and living. DoorDash has become the fastest-growing last-mile logistics company in the U.S., growing 250% year-over-year. DoorDash has distinguished itself by partnering with nearly 90 percent of the top 100 U.S. restaurant brands who offer on-demand delivery, expanding to over 4000 cities across the US, Canada and Australia.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.