Betterment for Business is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored and smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment for Business is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates and optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterment’s platform includes Betterment Everyday—Betterment’s cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, and high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City and created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment for Business is used by leading employers like Casper and Boxed. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
You are passionate about Sales Operations, GTM strategy and helping high velocity sales organizations scale. You’re a persuasive communicator, leaning on data to share your opinions and effectively partner with internal stakeholders on sales, client success and FP&A teams. You know when to push the boundaries on revenue deliverables and demand more of the team while keeping them motivated. You prioritize relentlessly, effectively collaborating with the General Manager and Finance to plan quarterly and annual targets. You are perpetually curious; always looking to improve yourself and those around you. You are able to connect top of funnel activity to end client experience and consult leadership stakeholders on optimal efficiency wins. You are entrepreneurial and can demonstrate quick thinking and creative problem-solving. You dream up ways to change and improve the way Americans save money for their retirement.
As the primary owner of Revenue Operations at Betterment for Business, reporting into the General Manager, this role is critical to the success of our business.
We are hiring in all states except CO.At Betterment you will:
- Deeply embed yourself with the business leadership to understand the ins and outs of the 401(k) space and the Betterment for Business solution to better support internal stakeholders
- Define, consistently measure and broadcast KPIs, forecasts and topline business performance to keep on track and help Betterment for Business achieve targets
- Partner with leadership on price modeling and competitive analysis for new growth engines in the business including decisions about go-to-market needs, programs, and operational needs
- Leverage insights into sales and client lifecycle to offer advice on process and tool improvement for better outcomes for the next phase of growth
- Define sales territories and segments leveraging your analytical skills and experience in change management to deliver recommendations to sales leader and General Manager
- Deliver a world-class variable compensation program across sales and client success, including building out commissions tooling, effectively motivate teams to achieve targets
- Strategize with product leadership on maturing tooling capabilities that deliver results around pipeline management, enablement and areas of opportunity to enhance productivity
- Consult on new initiatives and areas of expansion as it relates to revenue growth, pricing models and go-to-market strategies
- Relevant experience working in Sales / Revenue Operations with experience in management
- Experience at a product-led growth SaaS company with both sales-assisted and self-serve buyer personas
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience driving revenue operations initiatives spanning sales and customer success teams
- Huge attention to detail and ability to deliver clear and concise insights and recommendations
- Advanced Salesforce user plus experience integrating SFDC with billing tools like Stripe
- Proven experience with business forecasting models in partnership with FP&A
- Proficient in SQL
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 4-6 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.