Senior Sales Engineer at Sinequa
Do you want to be at the forefront of leading-edge technology in a rapidly-growing market? Do you like helping customers connect technology with the needs of their business? Are you interested in joining a smart, innovative team in an entrepreneurial and fun environment? Do you love working with customers to find technical solutions that address the challenges of their business? Do you thrive on the challenge and variety that comes with of brief projects across multiple customers? Let’s talk.
Sinequa powers the Information-Driven economy. Companies are realizing that being data-driven isn’t enough, but to succeed in today’s highly-competitive and fast-moving market they must capitalize on the value buried away in the huge volume of their unstructured information (text) in addition to structured data. Sinequa enables information-driven operations by providing a Cognitive Search and Analytics platform that brings together all enterprise information assets and intelligently serves up the most pertinent information and insights regardless of content, source system, or format. We do this through a state-of-the-art engine that applies natural language processing and machine learning to make sense of the vast and rapidly growing content in today’s organizations.
Sinequa’s software platform brings whole-enterprise search and powerful analytics to Global 2000 companies and government agencies. Leveraging Recognized as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines and the Forrester Wave for Cognitive Search and Discovery, the world’s largest and most information-intensive organizations – including AstraZeneca, Airbus, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Siemens – rely on Sinequa to put business-critical information at the fingertips of their employees.
The Sales Engineer brings technical expertise and deep knowledge of Sinequa’s offering to the entire pre-sales process to plan and deliver PoCs built using Sinequa software that showcase the platform’s capabilities in the customer’s business context. Sales Engineers are able to understand and translate customer’s needs and identify the technical capabilities and approach that best addresses those needs. They then craft, communicate, and demonstrate the benefits that a Sinequa solution provides.
At Sinequa, you will work with a tight-knit group of smart, driven Sales Managers, other Sales Engineers, and Solution Engineers in a highly-collaborative open office environment. You will receive training on Sinequa’s software platform and exposure to advanced technology (NLP, ML) and tools (Spark, TensorFlow).
- Assist the sales team by partnering with Sales Managers to participate on prospect sales calls and understand customer needs
- Demonstrate an understanding of the customer’s business and how Sinequa can bring value to their situation
- Give demonstrations of Sinequa software, explaining the benefits of its various features
- Create and deliver tailored presentations that speak to Sinequa’s capabilities, experience, and suitability for the prospect’s goals
- Identify customer goals in the sales process to scope and define Proofs-of-Concept (including resource and timeline estimates) to address their needs and guides vision
- Oversee and manage the execution of PoCs
- Provide leadership and coaching to develop abilities of Sales Engineers, define best practices, and elevate the team’s delivery
- Educate prospects in technical details and capabilities of Sinequa software
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs, reviewing answers to technical questions
- Minimum of 6 years of direct and highly technical pre-sales experience selling a highly-configurable software product/platform, including software presentations, demonstrations, and PoCs (as a pre-sales engineer, sales engineer, solution architect, or equivalent)
- Hands-on technical configuration expertise with an enterprise-class software platform
- Experience selling to VP and C-level executives in complex sales processes for Fortune 1000 enterprises with many buyers, including direct interaction with IT and business stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in customer-facing roles
- Leadership roles in coaching and guiding a sales engineer team
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (CS/IS/IT, engineering) and Master’s degree in a technical field or an MBA
Bonus points for:
- Experience with search and search platforms
- Experience with analytics, business intelligence, or data science
- Experience with Machine Learning and/or Big Data
- Experience with unstructured data (NLP, text processing)
- Familiarity with enterprise content management systems
- Thrives on understanding and meeting customer needs
- Knows how to tailor software demonstrations to the audience for the greatest possible impact
- Comfortable giving presentations to senior leaders and medium-sized groups
- Sales-minded but with technical interests; desires to be hands-on with technology
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Team player who thrives on collaboration
- Adaptable and flexible, someone who loves a fast-paced environment and eschews routine
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, looking to contribute from day one
- This is a remote opportunity with minor travel (20%-40%)
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salaries and bonuses
- Stock options
- Five weeks of vacation (in addition to 9 company holidays)
- Company paid health benefits
- 401k with matching
- Referral bonuses
- Fun team events and happy hours
- Healthy kitchen/snacks
Sinequa embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds. The more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.