Senior Sales Trainer at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
As OwnBackup continues to scale into the next phase of growth, we are looking for a determined Senior Sales Trainer who will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing sales training programs to support the Account Executives and Business Development Representatives. The Senior Sales Trainer will play a pivotal role on the Sales Enablement Team. This team influences & drives strategic sales initiatives via training, onboarding, coaching, enablement and learning programs; empowering our sales teams to achieve their goals.
In this role, the Senior Sales Trainer will ensure the sales team has a thorough understanding and mastery of key sales skills like cold calling, objection handling, negotiations, our sales methodology (Winning by Design), and the like to ensure continued success. The SST will oversee, implement, and communicate the sales training and business strategies in alignment with company priorities to ensure a best in class employee experience. The area of focus will include training programs that will increase the skills, knowledge, and behaviors of sales roles with a goal of positively impacting field results.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Learn, build, and deliver world class sales training content globally virtually, in-person, and in 1:1 sessions across every team member in the sales department.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of L&D to design and iterate sales training programs
- Participate in all facets of sales enablement including process optimization, research & content strategy
- Manage and track performance of sales training effectiveness
- Proctor and coach training sessions and role plays as part of ongoing sales curriculum
- Learn and master the Winning By Design sales methodology and integrate into all content and coaching
- Partner with Sales Leadership, Product, Marketing, and other stakeholders to build and deliver comprehensive sales training programs that impact these stakeholders and others
- Provide coaching and mentorship, as well as teach managers how to be effective coaches with their direct reports
- Ensure that the delivery methods and practices are innovative and effective
- Design, deliver, and review assessments to identify skills and knowledge gaps across the organization to identify training needs
- Work with sellers 1:1 to remediate and improve areas of concern/development
- Maintain ongoing relationships with bootcamp attendees, sales management & maintain a peer network with bootcamp graduates
- Contributes to other ad hoc enablement team projects and programs
- Comfortable using enablement platforms including Spekit, Brainshark, and others.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in both as an individual contributor and/or sales manager in sales and as a sales trainer within the SaaS industry
- Experience developing a full sales training program that serves business development, SMB/Mid-Market/Enterprise Account Executives
- Experience teaching and/or Certification in a sales methodology like Winning by Design, Challenger, MEDDIC, or the like.
- Strong facilitation experience running workshops and managing participation within B2B, SaaS based organizations
- Engaging and effective at delivering in-person & online training, presentations, and coaching sessions
- Passion for identifying execution issues and driving sales effectiveness improvement in the field.
- Demonstrated success in supporting a sales team, ideally in a hyper-growth organization
- Expertise in sales processes, methodologies, and skills.
- Strong program manager - a great project leader, communicator, and collaborator.
- Must be able to commute to the Englewood Cliffs, NJ HQ with the expectation that national and global travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Masters degree is a bonus!
- Experience developing sales training programs for Solution Engineers is a bonus!
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.