OwnBackup is a leading cloud-to-cloud backup & restore vendor. We provide secure, automated, daily backups of SaaS & PaaS data as well as sophisticated data compare & restore tools for disaster recovery. Our solution compliments the SaaS vendor’s (e.g. Salesforce) built-in data-protection mechanisms by covering data loss & corruption caused by human errors, malicious intent, integration errors, and rogue applications. The solution also provides enterprises with the performance and reporting required to meet compliance regulations in a number of industries.
OwnBackup was co-founded by data-recovery, data-protection and information-security experts, each with over 15 years’ experience in their respective fields. We are the 102nd fastest growing private company on INC 5000, the top- ranked backup & restore ISV on the Salesforce AppExchange, and have been named one of the Best Places to Work in NJ in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
About the Role:
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will be a key member of our enterprise sales team. You will be responsible for owning the technical discussions, product demonstrations, proofs-of-concept and proving out the value of OwnBackup’s solution to our prospects and customers. In addition, you will work closely with our DevOps and R&D teams to channel customer feedback and further product development.
What you will be doing:
- Deliver killer product demonstrations to set OwnBackup apart from other solutions
- Be an evangelist for our enterprise customers to backup and own their SaaS application data
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Convey customer requirements to product management teams and help validate functionality
- Manage proof of concepts with enterprise customers from success criteria definition through to testing and acceptance
- Maintain a regular customer feedback channel and provide inputs for product development.
- Travel – Up to 40%
What you should have:
- MUST HAVE: 3+ year(s) experience as a Solution Engineer in a pre-sales capacity
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce platform including a deep understanding of data models, security and third-party apps
- Experience and proven track record in working with Enterprise customers
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Ability to build rapport quickly with customers
- Good planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work calmly under pressure
- Experience leveraging the Salesforce API’s, managed packages & Visualforce
- Familiarity with a variety of Salesforce third-party apps
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services technology stacks and infrastructure
- Knowledge of cloud security principles