Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
As a Senior Solution Engineer, you will be a key member of our enterprise sales team. You will be responsible for owning the technical discussions, product demonstrations, proofs-of-concept and proving out the value of OwnBackup’s solution to our prospects and customers. In addition, you will work closely with our DevOps and R&D teams to channel customer feedback and further product development.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Deliver killer product demonstrations to set OwnBackup apart from other solutions
- Be an evangelist for our enterprise customers to backup and own their SaaS application data
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Convey customer requirements to product management teams and help validate functionality
- Manage proof of concepts with enterprise customers from success criteria definition through to testing and acceptance
- Maintain a regular customer feedback channel and provide inputs for product development.
- Travel – Up to 40%
- MUST HAVE: 3+ year(s) experience as a Solution Engineer in a pre-sales capacity
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce platform including a deep understanding of data models, security and third-party apps
- Experience and proven track record in working with Enterprise customers
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Ability to build rapport quickly with customers
- Good planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work calmly under pressure
- Experience leveraging the Salesforce API’s, managed packages & Visualforce
- Familiarity with a variety of Salesforce third-party apps
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services technology stacks and infrastructure
- Knowledge of cloud security principles
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business development reps and account executives.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.