Senior Solutions Engineer at mParticle
mParticle underpins the customer data infrastructure of the world’s most valuable and respected brands. We are helping businesses simplify their customer data infrastructure by providing data quality, governance capabilities, and best in class connectivity to deliver outstanding customer experiences. We help our customers do more with more of their data by making business personal.
The Solution Engineers are a particularly critical pillar to mParticle's customer and solution success, working with sales and success teams to land and expand the footprint of our industry leading #1 Customer Data Platform. You will interact with the largest disruptive consumer facing brands (Starbucks, NBC Universal, Walmart, Spotify, McDonalds, Drybar, and more), aligning mParticle's industry leading infrastructure and marketing technology to solving their business and technology challenges.What you’ll do
- Spearhead the technical and solution pre sales campaign to prospective mParticle clients, including
- Technical discovery around current customers architectures, understanding their business and technical challenges/opportunities
- Host technical workshops where you’ll be sitting side by side with developers, instrumenting the mParticle SDK’s and API’s, to demonstrate platform capabilities and overcome any technical objections
- Architect and execute Proof of Value plans to achieve technical selection over the competition
- Develop custom applications across web, mobile, voice, and OTT platforms and integrate the mParticle platform to demo the solution in their current & future state
- Solution design for advanced use cases using mParticles platform API’s and capabilities
- Building strategic crawl, walk, run plans and align the appropriate implementation plan to put your customers on a victory path through value realization
- Drive engagement with product marketing, product, consulting and customer success on existing gaps, futures, and product strategies
- Become an expert in the mParticle platform and ecosystem of 300+ integrations
- Focus on being a trusted technical advisor in a pre sales context to partner with engineering organizations who are undergoing vendor evaluations
- Present at industry events, conferences, and meetups
- Have a 4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Nice to have: 5+ years experience in a Data Engineering/similar role developing, maintaining, and testing infrastructure
- Have 5+ years experience in Solutions Engineering/Architecture role for a software product
- Demonstrated strong experience collaborating with product marketing, product, engineering, and data science teams, translating business requirements and use cases into technical solutions
- Are equally fluent talking technical details or taking a 30,000 foot view
- Never met a whiteboard you didn’t like and can design complex solutions on the fly for a small audience, or command a large cross functional team of multi faceted team members
If connecting the dots between enterprise architects, developers, data scientists, and marketers, through the lens of optimizing data & integrations and driving business outcomes, then this is the role for you.
We’re building something truly rare and special. Come join the Customer Data Platform revolution and help build the future!About mParticle
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, NBC Universal, Accuweather, Starbucks and Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to handle over 1 billion mobile users each month, collecting over $10 billion in e-commerce transactions and processes over 1 trillion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 120+ employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Seattle, Florida, and London.
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.