Senior Technical Solutions Engineer at Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of USD$100m+ & a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built in NYC's Best Places to Work in New York. Our award winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment will support our continued investment in research & development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having great fun transforming the world of ecommerce.
One of the most important roles is our Solutions Engineer, and we are looking for talented cross-functional engineers to join this crucial team. At Rokt, our Solutions Engineering team is critical for the successful deployment of our groundbreaking technology, including collaboratively designing solutions and building integrations with clients and Rokt teams. We are looking for engineers who are able to wrap their heads around incredibly complex challenges and come up with elegant solutions that transform our clients’ businesses. You will be expected to apply your strong engineering and problem solving skills to priorities and execute on projects. Our ideal candidate has experience in both software engineering and more customer-facing roles.
Reporting directly into the [COO/CTO], you will be working closely with our Engineering, Product, BD, and customer success teams and gain a unique end-to-end perspective of the Rokt products. You will spend ~70% of your time working on client solutions and 30% of your time developing products. Your contribution will be valuable to not only our internal users that provide world class service to our customers, but also help our product development team shape the future vision of our products.
The mission of our Technical Solutions Engineers is to double to the velocity of our Rokt Commerce deployments with our clients.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Reduce the sales cycle time by 25% by:
- designing client specific approaches for Rokt product integrations in the early phases of client engagement. Including, the discovery process, helping to uncover your clients current problems and to align the solutions to highlight and prioritize solving these.
- act as the technical specialist assisting clients to integrate Rokt by architecting, leading and delivering integration projects. Integrating Rokt or other RESTful APIs into web applications.
- Increase the velocity of subsequent clients projects by 25% by:
- Provide ongoing support and technical expertise for your customers by assisting with custom feature development, migrating to Rokt’s latest SDKs and responding to severity 1 issues.
- Improve the product to increase velocity for subsequent client deployments by:
- Feedback lessons learnt during interactions with your clients to the product and engineering teams to provide feedback and insight on upcoming product plans
- Develop tools to improve the team's efficiency, fix bugs, develop new custom features
- Problem solving:
- Learns quickly: demonstrated ability to quickly understand and absorb new information.
- Analytical skills: able to process both qualitative and quantitative data and draw conclusions from it.
- Curious: has a probing mind. Passion for technology and eager to dive-in to figure out how things work.
- Attention to detail: does not let important details slip through the cracks. Is on top of what matters to successfully deliver a project.
- Ability to quickly understand business logic and be able to translate into expected technical behavior
- Planning: plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient and productive manner.
- Resilience and tenacity:
- Adaptabile: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; eager to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes to help make projects and clients successful
- Efficiency: able to deliver significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Proactive: acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the table.
- Persistence: demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get it done.
- Emotional intelligence:
- Ability to develop other team members.
- Teamwork: works effectively with diverse geographically separated teams (clients and Rokt’stars). Able to build collaborative working relationships.
- Calm under pressure
- Communication: speaks and writes succinctly and clearly.
- Listening skills: seeks to understand others.
- Willingness to travel (up to 80%), work on client sites and with distributed teams (will likely require travel in the US, and to Australia, and you will be working closely with an Australian Engineering team).
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe in in-person, we enjoy each others’ company and we make meaningful connections with each other through global all-staff events, interest groups, sports clubs and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ’Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office, join the gym on us! Receive premium health insurance for you and your whole family including a choice of 6 different Aetna health plans including 2 fully paid options.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations, we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities: Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- 4% dollar for dollar 401K matching plan
- Premium health insurance for your whole family including:
- a choice of six different Aetna health benefits plans, some of which are fully funded by Rokt
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance + Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Long Term Disability Coverage
- Short Term Disability Coverage
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We encourage and welcome you to apply irrespective of age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.