Senior Vice President, Sales
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
Join the company behind the biggest developer community in the world as our Senior Vice President of Sales. If you are someone who is committed to enabling the success of your team, and believes in value create and collaboration, please read on!
You will lead the sales team strategy, structure and processes that drive revenue growth and mentor the sales leadership team in collaboration.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will directly manage the sales leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Own the quota and lead the discussion and strategy on how to get to it. Subscribe to using a playbook. Must be process driven especially for territory and call panning.
- Coach, mentor, manage and lead Sales Directors who each have their own team of reps.
- Partner with General Managers for Talent & Ads and Teams business units in setting the go-forward strategy for those lines of business.
- Oversee and manage all sales initiatives. Track pipeline, achieve and exceed agreed upon revenue targets.
- Develop and administer sales programs, including proactively identifying program elements that build awareness, generate qualified leads, generate incremental growth, drive customer satisfaction and loyalty, and maximize impact. Collaborate with team leadership to execute.
- Establish meaningful relationships with executive leaders and other stakeholders within the sales, marketing and customer success organization.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales operations, customer success and product leaders to ensure optimal support of sales activity.
- Plan and manage the team resources, ensuring they are efficiently deployed to support a broad range of customers across multiple segments.
- Participate in industry events/organizations as a thought leader and promote products/business solutions at conferences, forums and seminars.
- Operate within expense and program budgets.
What you’ll need to have:
- Must be someone who enjoys the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a growing company with the experience of scaling up an enterprise to significant organization size and revenues.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment is strongly desired as well as experience growing a company or territory from nominal revenues to phenomenal revenues at least once in your career.
- Proven track record of driving multi-million growth businesses 50%+ year-over-year. Scaling SaaS Sales teams preferably in Enterprise with 12+ years sales leadership experience.
- Demonstrates forward-thinking approaches to selling techniques in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent skills in complex problem solving, project management, change management, & group process. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, & results orientation.
- Lead by example. Need someone that is very self-motivated, mature and humble. The product is terrific and the company is already making money. You just need to execute, hire the right people, and scale the business.
- Proven coach of sales leaders and account executives. Demonstrated ability to grow Account Executives into quota over-achievers and develop sales management. Candidate has successfully built and led a team of sales management whose teams have consistently over-performed.
- Proven ability to drive process (activities, pipeline management, forecasting). Experience is rooted in understanding sales is about process (e.g. activities lead to closes) and can easily talk to how an average week should be structured. The leader has a proven track record of and desire to run a data-driven business.
- Understands that this is a nimble growth business environment. You are collaborative. You are flexible. You are able to test, re-boot, and always look at data to re-pivot as needed. You are persistent, but positive. You are an executor. You have a high EQ and IQ.
- Experience with Salesforce and other sales related solutions is a must.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.