Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
As OwnBackup continues to scale into the next phase of growth, we are looking for eager SMB Account Executives to not only hunt for net new business, but to also grow their careers as sales professionals for years to come. In this quota carrying role, you will hunt for brand new prospects and ultimately convert them into paying customers. A small percent will be “inbound generated”, but mostly focused on “outbound prospecting”. You will be responsible for developing a ‘hunter’ mentality - mapping out key opportunities in your territory and developing a strategy to approach, and ultimately close the business.
As you achieve and surpass your goals, you’ll unlock a wealth of opportunity at OwnBackup, including career development/advancement and perks. A number of our SMB Account Executives have moved up to General Business (mid-market) Account Executives. The SMB AE role will give you that solid foundation of knowledge and essential sales techniques/processes that last your entire career!Your Day-to-Day Role
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for startups and small/medium businesses
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quota
- Hit the ground running in your territory - ‘whitespace’ or map out the key opportunities in your patch while developing a process for consistently prospecting new leads and opportunities.
- Map out the decision-making process of each prospect in order to optimize conversions at each stage.
- Slay the product demonstrations to set OwnBackup apart from other solutions
- Cross-functionally work with Sales Engineers, Customer Success, Marketing, Product and Engineering to provide critical customer feedback loops that influence product roadmap to improve overall customer experience.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a quota carrying role preferably in the SaaS and/or PaaS space but not required
- 1 to 2 years of experience as a BDR/ SDR
- Strong prospecting experience using tools like LinkedIn, DiscoverOrg/ZoomInfo, etc.
- Hunter mindset; a proven track record in identifying key accounts/prospects, initiating outreach and bringing them to close
- Proven past success in a transactional selling environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and negotiation skills
- An entrepreneur at heart
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Familiarity with the Salesforce ecosystem
This is a full time remote position supporting the Australian and New Zealand Markets.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.