Who are we?
Sealed is a home wellness company on a mission to make homes healthier, more comfortable, and cleaner for the planet. We are transforming energy, finance and home improvement to deliver clean air and comfort with less energy. Sealed modernizes home heating and cooling with upgrades like insulation and HVAC technology. We match the right contractor, cover the upfront costs, and stand behind the work: we only get paid if your house saves energy. Sealed, one of Fast Company’s top ten most innovative energy companies of 2021, is venture backed and headquartered in New York City. Learn more at Sealed.com.
What will you do?
Home improvement can be a hassle, but as a Solution Engineer, you’ll make sure that getting your home Sealed is a breeze, and that our contracts maintain their accuracy and integrity throughout the sales and implementation process.
You will help our account executives specify and design complex home retrofit proposals using the data that we collect in our customer journey and your extensive knowledge of construction and building science. You will then make sure that these project scopes are updated appropriately throughout the journey and verify that they have been installed correctly.
Most people don’t know a crawl space from a baffle, but you will not only know this lingo, you will be an expert in whether that crawl space can be insulated and if that baffle has been installed up to Building Performance Institute standards. If not, you will be clear on what our contractor partners need to do to ensure every Sealed project is installed to the highest quality levels.
Your work will encompass the following activities:
- Initial project scoping
- Post field visit scoping updates
- Change order scoping updates
- Post-install photo verification
- Process improvements to more efficiently and effectively ensure accurate scoping and installation quality
What success looks like
- Sealed’s initial project scopes are accurate and require few changes after field visit
- The Sealed sales team has a trusted source of building science and technical knowledge
- Sealed customer projects are installed quickly, profitably, and at high quality levels that generate high customer satisfaction ratings
- Contractors proudly reference their experience partnering with Sealed because of the accuracy and attention to detail in our proposals
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized
- 2+ years of work experience
- Technical experience (work and/or academic)
- Building science background (work or academic)
- Moderate to high excel competence
Nice to have
- Energy auditing and/or residential construction experience
- BPI Certification
- PHIUS Certification
- HERS Rater
- Engineering Degree
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Flexible work environment: work from headquarters office in NYC or remotely from anywhere within the US