Solutions Engineer- Corporate at BetterCloud
BetterCloud is the first provider of SaaSOps solutions to manage and secure the digital workplace. Over 2,500 customers in 60+ countries rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across a company’s SaaS application portfolio. A pioneer of the SaaSOps movement, the company established the first-ever “SaaS Application Management and Security Framework” via two published books entitled “The IT Leader’s Guide to SaaSOps” — Vol. 1: “A Six-part Framework for Managing Your SaaS Applications” & Vol. 2: “How to Secure Your SaaS Applications.” BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, CA and Atlanta, GA.
BetterCloud Solutions Engineers are a critical part of our customer-facing team. Working closely with the Sales and Customer Success organizations as well as partners throughout the world, we assist in architecting a solution to meet the customer's management, security and technical needs for their critical SaaS applications. We strive to stay ahead of the learning curve in all areas of cloud technology, and work to educate both our internal teams as well as our customer’s teams on best practices around deploying our solutions within their environment. Our role is to serve as trusted advisor to our prospects and customers throughout the sales process and entirety of the customer lifecycle.
- 1-3 years of experience in a customer facing Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, or IT capacity.
- Strong familiarity with SaaS applications such as G Suite, Okta, Office 365, Box, and Dropbox, preferably on an administrative level, as well as REST APIs.
- Ability to think critically and logically under pressure and to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic.
- Have the ability to quickly learn new technical concepts and be self-directed in your learning.
- A positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt.
- Ability to handle customer situations with empathy and ownership
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using BetterCloud.
- Facilitate solutions discovery, solutions overview, technical deep-dives, and solutions validation sessions with customers.
- Prepare demos and Proof of Concepts (POCs) to demonstrate various use cases for BetterCloud’s Platform.
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, to illustrate product capabilities and how they align specifically with customer objectives
- Build relationships with customers by serving as the technical liaison for both sales and success teams.
- Participate in writing proposals in response to RFIs / RFPs that highlight BetterCloud can meet and exceed customer requirements.
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
Compensation | Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package
- Stock options
- Career growth with an industry innovator
BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.