Solutions Engineer at WeWork Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 20+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
WeWork is looking for a Solutions Engineer who will play a key role in our continually growing Sales Organization. You will play a critical part in helping secure business from some of the largest companies on this planet.
As the go-to Powered by We Technology expert you will provide critical technical expertise during pre-sales evaluation and assist in the preparation of on-boarding new customers. You will take ownership of all technical aspects from the initial inquiry to the evaluation during the pilot phase. This may be provided in the form of technical consultations, written assessments, and trial configuration support. You will be helping companies define how to best use our technology to fit their unique workplace culture, and then help implement according to what has been defined by working closely with the customer and our implementation teams through process.
You will be working with C-level executives, IT leaders, real estate groups, facility management teams, and more to creatively identify ways for them to solve some of the most complex office space problems.
Lastly, you will be a peer mentor/coach to other teammates around you. People will look to you to help them solve difficult problems because you’ll be an expert at protecting and managing relationships that are impacted by technical obstacles.
- Promoting WeWork value through positive customer and team member interactions.
- Providing technical assistance during the client evaluation process by answering technical questions in a consultative fashion.
- Be able to provide in depth knowledge of WeWork’s security practices, and complete assessments of such nature.
- Defining and creating solutions to help our customers realize the full potential of WeWork’s offering.
- Working with client teams to ensure successful experience when evaluating the various WeWork application.
- Helping third-parties determine their best integration path and basic integration assistance with required integrations to get deals closed.
- Working closely with Product to evaluate new feature requests as determined by industry demand.
- Identifying and triaging urgent issues that may occur during the product evaluation, and working closely with customers and WeWork support through issue resolution.
- Building alliances with Product, Engineering, Customer Success and Support teams to solve problems and achieve objectives by sharing knowledge and information.
- Provide product training and education sessions to various departments within WeWork.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum of 4 years similar experience
- A passion for figuring out solutions to complex business problems faced by clients.
- Familiarity with common network protocols (HTTP/HTTPS) and the use of REST API’s.
- Familiarity with iOS and Android, along with a working knowledge of Mobile Device Management.
- Well versed in email and calendaring solutions such as Exchange, Exchange Online, and G Suite.
- Knowledge of SSO, SAML, and other user syncing technologies.
- Demonstrated IT abilities troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems.
- Strong sales acumen, promoting effective demonstration environments and presenting the solution to prospective customers.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain technical issues and resolution via email, phone, and in person.
- Can do attitude, willing to do whatever work is necessary for the team's success and willingness to adapt to different tasks throughout the day.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and become competent with complex products and technologies.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at once.
- 25-50% travel.