Solutions Engineer at Bread
Bread makes essential purchases affordable to regular people. We transform pricing in e-commerce: The $1,000 couch you’re looking at might become a $50/month charge. Clear, transparent terms with fair rates. No impact on your credit score to sign up. Add a powerful, flexible merchant API that can seamlessly integrate financing anywhere in the e-commerce experience, and you’ve got Bread. We've got great funding and backers!
The Solutions Architect will be responsible for executing a best-in-class implementation program to onboard Bread’s merchants smoothly and efficiently. You will work with merchants, sales, Merchant Success and Product/Engineering to deliver an excellent technical integration and onboarding experience for Bread merchants, both during the sales process and during the actual integration.
Things you’ll do:
- Work with developers at Bread’s merchant customers and platform partners to design and execute integration solutions using Bread’s tools and APIs
- Brainstorm solutions to merchant technical challenges, and help troubleshoot with merchant developers if they have difficulty understanding our docs or integrating in any way
- Collaborate with merchants and the Account Management team to resolve bugs. Act as the first point of triage in debugging
- Improve system documentation and anticipate merchant questions by contributing to help docs, code samples, and blog posts
- Strong programming and technical skills, and you can read and understand API documentation and you enjoy the puzzle of linking systems together
- A penchant for evaluating code against API documentation, and finding bugs and optimization opportunities
- You love working on both program and relationship management, and you’ve been told you excel at each
- You thrive in environments that demand adaptability and thinking fast on your feet
- You’ve probably mastered new programming languages and tech platforms on your own - not just because you thought it’d be a helpful skill, also because you thought it’d be fun
- In addition to being technical, you have the ability to connect with people. Folks tell you you’re a good listener, and you make everyone in the conversation feel included
- Previous eCommerce experience
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms e.g. Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.
- Experience with: PHP, Go or SQL