Solutions Engineer at Bread
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
The Solutions Engineer will be responsible for executing a best-in-class implementation program to onboard Bread’s merchants smoothly and efficiently. You will work with merchants, Sales, Merchant Success and Product/Engineering to deliver an excellent technical integration and onboarding experience for Bread merchants, both during the sales process and during the actual integration.
Your Role at Bread
- Work with developers at Bread’s merchant customers and platform partners to design and execute integration solutions using Bread’s plugins, tools, and APIs
- Brainstorm solutions to merchant technical challenges, and help troubleshoot with merchant developers if they have difficulty understanding our docs or integrating in any way
- Collaborate with merchants and the Account Management team to resolve bugs. Act as the first point of triage in debugging
- Improve system documentation and anticipate merchant questions by contributing to help docs, code samples, and blog posts
What we are looking for
- 2+ years of experience in a related field
- Strong programming and technical skills, and you can read and understand API documentation and you enjoy the puzzle of linking systems together
- A penchant for evaluating code against API documentation, and finding bugs and optimization opportunities
- You love working on both program and relationship management, and you’ve been told you excel at each
- You thrive in environments that demand adaptability and thinking fast on your feet
- You’ve probably mastered new programming languages and tech platforms on your own - not just because you thought it’d be a helpful skill, also because you thought it’d be fun
- In addition to being technical, you have the ability to connect with people. Folks tell you you’re a good listener, and you make everyone in the conversation feel included
Nice to have:
- Previous eCommerce experience
- Familiarity with eCommerce platforms e.g. Magento, WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.
- Experience with: PHP, Go or SQL