Solutions Engineer at JW Player
JW Player is looking for a Solutions Engineer that knows the Media & Entertainment space inside out. The ideal candidate is a thought leader with strong technical skills and the ability to provide valuable, world-class technical guidance and solution proposals to JW Player’s largest prospects, customers, and partners in the digital marketing and media industries.
In this role you will:
- Maintain a knowledge fluency of JW Player and Platform products
- Act as the customer’s main technical point of contact and lead the sale to a technical close
- Confidently present and articulate the business value of our solutions and products to managers and executives of all levels
- Understand the competitive landscape in video technology, and position JW Player product value in that ecosystem
- Manage and execute client-facing information gathering and demos of JW Player's products and deliver technical pre-sales presentations focused on the needs of prospective publishers.
- Support the RFI/RFP process by providing thorough responses to technical requirements
- Work closely with senior management to internalize feedback to align with sales processes
- Constantly improve, increase value and be an essential part of the JW Player Sales Team
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives
- Work closely within an account team to manage an existing book of business and support our existing customer base while driving new product adoption
- Attain quarterly and annual objectives
- 2+ years experience as a Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect or related Advertising/Video product experience
- Strong presentation skills including experience presenting technical details to a wide-ranging audience
- Superior writing skills for responding to RFI/RFPs and for business communications with customers
- Demonstrated experience in problem identification and resolution with hands-on approach to solving tactical and strategic problems
- Experience interfacing with Product, Product Marketing & Marketing to maximize message, sales and client acquisition
- Successfully handle the ever-changing landscape of sales and product
- Solutions focused attitude and delight in interacting with clients
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and pay attention to details
- Technical sales or support in SaaS organizations, preferably Video or Ads Tech
- Experience with backend development (PHP, Python, NodeJS, GO)
- Experience in the Video Delivery and OTT space
- Experience with Value Selling Methods
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.