Sr. Field Sales Training Consultant
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
The Sales Trainer will partner with sales leadership to ensure our sales team is equipped with the right selling skills, knowledge and motivation to reach their full potential through coaching and training, in both one-on-one and group settings. This position will maximize sales effectiveness by determining and solving training needs. It will also offer exposure to senior executives and leaders within all internal business functions – Sales, Marketing, Product, Service, etc. – and it is a great opportunity for someone who is motivated, excels in a team-oriented environment, enjoys challenging the status quo and is passionate about helping others succeed.
- Collaborate with sales leadership to formulate the overall strategy of a Sales Academy and establish a strategic vision to build high impact sales training and development programs.
- Sales Rep Foundational Skills: Build certification programs specific to the nuances of the different sales roles and buyer types.
- Provide leadership in the overall design, development and delivery of sales training and development initiatives to enhance field sales skills, capabilities, and increase sales productivity; including solution-selling, soft-skills, and technical skills.
- Ensure the sales team receives consistent, ongoing training through a blended learning approach (live training, e-learning, and self-guided learning) using appropriate instructional design methods, adult-learning theory and applications.
- Provide input and recommendations to senior sales management in support of sales bench strength, including the sales leadership pipeline.
- Leverage sales intelligence and KPI metrics to link training with business impact.
- Management development – Build leadership development programs specific to sales leaders in close consultation with senior sales leadership.
- Monitor, measure, analyze and report upon the learning requests, deliverables and operational effectiveness of the team.
- 5+ years of related sales or sales training experience in a B2B technology organization preferred. Successful sales performance background and basic knowledge of sales skills training. Understanding the full sales life cycle and various sales methodologies.
- Ability to adapt delivery to various learning styles.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel 40%.