Sr. Sales Associate - New York
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
This is an Evergreen requisition designed to gather a talent pool for current or future open positions. It is a way for Merrill Corporation to build a network of qualified, interested candidates for a specific job function in order to expedite the hiring process when there is a need to fill that type of role. By applying to an Evergreen requisition, you are expressing your interest for a particular job function within Merrill Corporation.
Merrill Named to “50 Best Companies to Sell For” by Selling Power Magazine, 2017 and 2018.
The DataSiteOne Sr. Sales Associate will support a Merrill Enterprise Sales Executive and is responsible for assisting the Sales Executive in growing territory revenue in assigned accounts while training to be a quota carrying Sales Executive with their own set of accounts after a complete on boarding and defined training period. The DataSiteOne Sr. Sales Associate will be mentored by both sales management and assigned Sales Executive. The role may own a small set of accounts to start and as expertise is gained, additional accounts will be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the needs of the Enterprise Sales Executive in growing territory revenue and achieving and exceeding revenue budget
- Participate in on-boarding training and continuous learning opportunities
- Gain hands on experience with the Merrill suite of services
- Establish relationships across support organizations
- Participate and co-host in client events
- Understand all aspects of selling process
- Responsible for retention and selling to a set of small accounts, which will grow over time
- Build rapport and relationships with internal and external customers through prompt, courteous, efficient, and professional service
- Maintain accurate records of all call activity in salesforce.com and report call information, sales leads, and customer profiles correctly and accurately in a timely manner
- Learn all Merrill policies, procedures and best practices
- Bachelors degree required
- Three to five plus years in a sales related role
- Biased towards action- results driven
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize
- Solid decision-making, presentation and organization skills
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) and professional appearance
- Ability and drive to manage multiple priorities and achieve results
- Desire to be a future sales executive
Essential Behavioral Requirements:
All Merrill employees are expected to conduct themselves and to behave in a manner which promotes company values, principals, policy, and culture, and that is conducive to the efficient operation of the Company.