Strategic Account Manager at Shapeways
Do you enjoy account management, being involved in cutting edge technology and being strategic?
Why is a Strategic Account Manager important to us?
Being tech-savvy, results-driven, and engaging Strategic Account Manager is a pivotal component in developing continuous revenue-generating partnerships for Shapeways. A successful Strategic Account Manager will proactively farm and introduce established clients to the new wonders and benefits of 3D printed products and other Shapeways services that can assist in building out the clients business. Shapeways business model has opened the door to the future - the Strategic Account Manager will help pave the path for our growth and success.
As a Strategic Account Manager, you will:
- Grow revenue of existing accounts through consistent and strategic outreach
- Drive Global partnerships and large accounts that meet and exceed account revenue targets
- Strategically cultivate deep relationships with existing customers
- Address technical needs, questions, and concerns regarding product creation
- Create specific strategies and tactics to meet growth objectives and execute against the plans
- Continually brainstorm with team members on creative ways to establish new partnerships
- Coordinate short term Business Development projects with Shapeways’ Supply Chain and Manufacturing teams
- Develop and continually improve sales, systems, and processes to support the success of the sales function
- Help large and small businesses, as well as individual designers, be more successful by advising on 3D design and manufacture-ability
You might be a good fit if you (have, are, possess):
- 5+ years of quota-carrying technical sales experience in Technology, Manufacturing, or Design
- Experienced with CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Proven account management sales growth and a proven reputation for over-achieving quota
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Apps (Gmail)
- A strong communicator with excellent yet fun presentation style and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to proactively grow customer relationships within an account as you develop your understanding of their busines
- Comfortable investigating and delivering technical solutions with minimal guidance
- Enjoy working autonomously, creating and tracking progress in an ambiguous fast paced environment
- Comfortable juggling and coordinating multiple projects across several key channels simultaneously, while managing time effectively
- Highly interested in 3D printing, the materials, and their specifications
- Working knowledge of at least one major 3D modeling software, is a plus (e.g. Solidworks, Rhino, Zbrush)
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for…
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to the employee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching - Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off - PTO plus sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life.
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.