Strategic Partner Director, Publishers at Outbrain
Strategic Partner Director, Publishers (Engage)
Outbrain is seeking a consultative Strategic Partner Director for our New York office who will be responsible for supporting the revenue and relationship growth of Outbrain’s Engage partners. Additionally, they will represent the needs of all publishers in cross functional go to markets and may manage a small team. The Engage Partner Management team works with a variety of partners including traditional publishers like Conde Nast, Scripps, and Penske. These partners rely on our Partner Management team to help them achieve their goals through implementation, optimization, and new product adoption.
- Own all post-contract client communications for some of Outbrain’s largest publisher clients
- Meet and consult regularly with clients to understand priorities, review performance, and share product updates
- Manage 2-3 Partner Managers by overseeing their book of business and offering guidance while maintaining your own book
- Develop processes in order to provide superior client support and escalate partner feedback to internal stakeholders
- Work with a broad range of internal parties (Product, Engineering, Business Development, Legal, Marketing) to build partner strategies
- Identify revenue and engagement opportunities and work with client to implement them
- Educate clients on Outbrain value and any relevant new products, features, or initiatives
- Oversee core technology integrations, with support from Technical Account Management and Product, to ensure smooth and successful launches
- Monitor client performance trends to find actionable insights
- Collect feedback from Engage Partner Managers about new products and represent the team in the go to market for strategic product launches
- Oversee a small team of partner managers
What you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years of account management or project management experience (experience with digital publishers and/or digital partners a plus)
- Excellent quantitative skills and a proven ability to monitor, identify and present performance metrics (pivot tables are your friend)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (expect QBRs and client socializing)
- History managing account managers with their own book of business
- Experience Managing a small team
- Experience working on go to markets for new products
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Familiarity with online advertising and/or publishing
- Web analytics experience (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Web Trends)
- Experience working with API and SDK integrations
This role requires travel approximately 10% of the time.
Cover Letter Ecouraged!
Outbrain is the world’s discovery feed technology for the open web supported by the only end-to-end native advertising stack for publishers and advertisers. We make the discovery of content, products, and services possible. A third of the world’s internet-connected population explore and discover information through our feed technology, which is trusted by emerging to established brands and integrated into thousands of media companies’ tech stacks to manage and monetize their publishing operations. Outbrain operates in 55 countries and is headquartered in New York City with offices in 18 cities worldwide. Learn more at www.outbrain.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The brainy culture that ignites the halls of Outbrain has even been industry-recognized and awarded ‘Best Tech Work Culture’ in 2018 by Tech In Motion.
Interested in discovering what’s next for your career at Outbrain?