Strategic Relationship Manager
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $6 trillion 401(k) market; creating a platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised capital from industry leading investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about bringing onboard a Strategic Relationship Manager to manage our Enterprise relationships. At a high level, we’re looking for someone who has insane levels of attention to detail and proven ability of juggling multiple priorities at once.
We’re a startup… so a self-starter mentality comes first and foremost. You are someone who will dive into whatever challenge is placed in front of you, and find creative ways to solve problems.
Vestwell's Relationship Management team is responsible for ensuring that our clients are continuously receiving and recognizing value from the retirement platform we are building. The Relationship Manager will work closely with clients to understand their business objectives and develop success plans that enable Vestwell to meet those objectives. As the primary driver of client intelligence, the Relationship Manager role will be responsible for distributing relevant client context across the company specifically to product development and leadership and managing expectations accordingly. This role requires ownership and accountability of the strategic enterprise client through elements of business development, relationship management, and program/project management. This role will report into the Head of Client Services and Operations.
- Manage select Enterprise relationships to drive success towards meeting business goals for Vestwell's most complex and strategic clients
- Interface with C-suite executives and work closely with decision makers at each Enterprise client to understand their unique business profile and identify their goals with Vestwell
- Design and execute success plans to optimize client relationships, adoption, and satisfaction with Vestwell
- Conduct regular business reviews to highlight major value-add initiatives and enable a deeper understanding of client goals
- Work across multiple organizations (Business, Product, and Engineering) to project manage the implementation of solutions, tracking to gates and dates
- Develop initiatives to further drive engagement and value-recognition across entire client-base
- Drive growth by sourcing new business opportunities
- Set, manage, and communicate client expectations, both internally and externally
- Create an experience for clients that transcends the standard client-vendor relationship
- Communicate with clients regularly through email, phone, online presentations, screen-share and in person meetings to understand their current needs and ongoing requirements
- Provide updates to Enterprise clients and ensure the proactive and timely resolution of issues as they arise
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, client stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to clients’ needs and objectives
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise on our products and services and industry compliance requirements to provide timely, professional and knowledgeable customer support
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze client’s usage of our products/services to identify gaps in compliance
- Responsible for working with internal teams to onboard and integrate new clients and developing existing client relationships
- Assisting Sales/Operation teams with RFP responses for large opportunities
- 4+ years experience in a client-facing Retirement/Wealth Management / Advisory, or as a Customer Success / Relationship Manager at a Financial Services SaaS company
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Able to understand and translate business goals into actionable and measurable initiatives
- Experience in building relationships and garnering trust with executive decision makers and influencers
- A deep understanding of the financial industry & financial service technologies
- Capable of working collaboratively across multiple organizations
- Comfortable with managing escalations and executing on success plans
- Self-starter who is extremely organized and detail oriented
- Strategic and outside of the box thinker
- Experience within the retirement (401K) space
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!