Are you a technical account manager seeking an exciting opportunity at a Forbes Cloud 100 company? If so, you might be perfect for Turbonomic!
As one of our Technical Account Managers (TAM), you will be responsible for building and maintaining post-sales relationships with Turbonomic’s largest and most complex customers. You will serve as a TAM to ensure successful implementations and to ensure that the customers serve as a positive reference and continue their operationalization of Turbonomic technology, documenting Turbonomic value and ROI realization.
Additionally, you will become the customer’s single point of contact into all things, Turbonomic. As such, your technical abilities are critical in identifying solutions, troubleshooting issues, and answering technical questions as they arise. Come support the only Hybrid Cloud Management platform and help make customers successful.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide project leadership for the customer’s major Turbonomic initiatives. This would include project management functions and solutions architecting functions
- Assist the customer in defining, capturing, documenting and sharing the actual financial value provided by Turbonomic and establish the ROI
- Design and develop innovative solutions to customer requirements , with assistance from our internal engineering group and product management
- Maintain current functional and technical knowledge of the Turbonomic, virtualization, converged infrastructure and storage networks
- Gather and maintain current information on the customer’s virtualization infrastructure
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to Turbonomic Product Management teams based on customer requirements
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying Turbonomic solutions
- Function as a front-line technical resource for “best practice” and informal customer questions and act as liaison between customers and both the Engineering and Product Management offices
What we're looking for:
- 5 years experience minimum in customer-facing positions as a technical account manager, client manager, professional services consultant or sales engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, CS, Economics, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of hardware and software architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Strong technical background, with previous experience in Linux system administration and Virtualization management
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Strong professional documentation skills and willingness to create professional documented deliverables for customers
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel approx. 25% percent of the time
- Software Development experience a plus
- Candidates that live and work in the greater tri-state area will be considered
Turbonomic helps thousands of enterprise organizations activate their hybrid cloud journey by leveraging our patented platform to continuously assure that application workloads get precisely the right resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance.
Turbonomic is the leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud. Recently, Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company – both for the third time. We also made the Inc. Best Workplaces 2018 list and locked in strong partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values trust, performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners that have a sense of urgency behind their work and are coachable, but also coaches in their own regard. You also have to like having fun - we have a lot of it. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast.
To make sense of the market opportunity ahead of us, Gartner predicts that 90% of organizations will adopt hybrid cloud infrastructure by 2020. Currently there are 200M workloads in the world, but that is also expected to grow 20% each year to 380M in 2020. And we’re sitting right in the middle of this opportunity with the right technology to help move customers forward in their cloud strategy to transform their businesses for the digital age.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is key.
Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more – play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement – jump in, learn, make an impact and shape your career