Technical Account Manager at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will serve as a partner for the Customer Success Team owning the ongoing technical relationship throughout the customer lifecycle. This role will serve as a trusted technical advisor responsible for defining the Braze technology strategy for our clients and helping them achieve strong technical use of the Braze platform.
Your focus will be to drive adoption on campaign and reporting deployments of Braze’s product and act as the technical counterpoint between Braze and the clients’ product and engineering team. You’ll work to partner and serve as the Technical Subject Matter Expert to support the Customer Success Organization. You will help coordinate post-implementation technical collaboration with Integration and Technical Support for customer issue troubleshooting. You’ll be responsible for rapidly understanding each customer success engineering request from a product SME, business, and technical requirements to drive adoption and ultimately contribute to retention and expansion in the customer lifecycle.
You’ll partner and work off a Technical Account Management project-based queue and named accounts specific to our enterprise servicing tier of customers that have enterprise organizational structures and architectures -- with the objective of enabling Braze adoption, partnering, and empowering long-term value alongside Customer Success Managers.
This is an opportunity to bring your experience as a product and implementation expert, business analyst, technical support solutions, and customer success professional along with a high level of product and technical competence, delivering onsite engagements and training towards adoption.What You'll Do
- You’ll be responsible for client success, partnering with the Customer Success Team, to own the technical relationship for assigned accounts and help drive technical adoption, accelerated technical value, and continued technical maturity of the Braze platform for these customers.
- Help customers successfully instrument Braze across their stack and refine that instrumentation over time as the use of Braze matures and becomes even more impactful for those customers
- Facilitate and support product functionality inquiries, recommend solutions, and technical aspects of customer ongoing lifecycle to contribute to renewals and upsell opportunities • Support and advocate day-to-day inquiries and requests to support efficiency and value in the use of Braze in the ongoing customer lifecycle
- Empower customer product and engineering teams to use our product as independently and efficiently as possible.
- Communicate with customers and internal teams to explain products and adoption deployment schedules
- Document technical requirements, create content, estimate schedules, and timelines, goals/metrics, and customer objective key results and outcomes
- Conduct validation for product use-cases and technical feasibility for product launch
- Serve the Customer Success Organization by tackling day-to-day technical solution needs and responsiveness for functional product and technical use cases partnering with CSMs
- 3-5 years client-facing experience as a TAM or in a related area such as Implementation, Technical Support, and/or Customer Success, for a technical product offering serving Enterprise/Strategic accounts
- 3+ year technical experience in managing complex customer environments with strong product command and technical knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, API's or Programming
- You are an excellent communicator (written and verbal skills), with demonstrable customer communication and coordination efforts, and the ability to take complex technical ideas and translate them to non-technical stakeholders
- You are a natural problem solver, with a high level of intellectual curiosity, and love working amongst a team to solve those problems.
- You are able to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, and collaborative environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.