Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 3,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $267.5 million in funding from Salesforce Ventures and others.
OwnBackup Customer Success team is looking for a driven and detail oriented Technical Account Manager. You will have responsibility for a number of assigned accounts, maintaining a single-minded focus to ensure clients are extracting the most value out of their OwnBackup investment. The TAM will have a track record in translating complex technical issues into tangible solutions. Collaboration with our most strategic customers is a primary responsibility, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of the OwnBackup platform as well as the wider technical landscape. You will forge relationships with your customers, developing a deep technical understanding of their Salesforce implementation, share technical best practices and act as point of contact for any major incidents, managing the customer’s expectations and communications through resolution of such incidents.
The ideal TAM is a team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations, building relationships, has excellent collaboration skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and uses their time efficiently. They are creative and like to solve problems.
OwnBackup is growing rapidly and the best candidates will be able to manage multiple priorities, drive innovation, keep customers satisfied and act independently.
The TAM will likely be required to travel to customer sites and may need to be available for some after-hour or weekend coverage depending on the customer’s needs.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Develop relationships with key business and IT stakeholders and become an expert on a customer’s implementation by understanding their top business goals and priorities
- Help customers achieve their business goals and outcomes by providing timely, proactive recommendations that will benefit customers’ ongoing usage of Salesforce and OwnBackup products
- Attain a Trusted Advisor status with both key business and technical decision-makers.
- Identify key industry business process areas for the opportunity to use the Salesforce platform
- Lead DR planning activities and provide relevant technical recommendations on solutions to customers’ business needs in this area
- In support of the Customer Success Manager and Account Executive, monitor and identify trends in Salesforce adoption and utilisation, Success Plan adoption and utilisation, providing guidance as part of periodic reviews
- Forewarn customers of technology changes or potential disruptions to their service and advise on mitigation strategies
- Provide proactive communications in the event of a service degradation or disruption
- Participate in issues and act as an advocate for customers during the triage and resolution of high severity cases, driving business reliability and customer satisfaction
- Provide timely account or issue executive level summary status reports both internally and to the customer
- Identify and collaborate with internal teams to ameliorate renewal risks for both license and success plans subscriptions
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in one or more of the following: Enterprise Architecture, Technology Consulting, Customer Success, Senior Salesforce Administrator, Technology Solutions Development, Technical and/or Solutions Architecture.
- Proficient with both declarative and programmatic product features in Salesforce
- Proficient with use of the Salesforce APIs
- At least 2 Salesforce product certifications
- Experience in dealing with large, complex, distributed systems scale business
- Navigate, escalate and lead efforts on complex customer requests or projects involving multiple parties and enterprise systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Aptitude for both analysing technical concepts and translating them into business terms, and for mapping business requirements into technical features
- Second language is a benefit
- Ability to travel up to 50%
This is a full time remote position supporting the Australian and New Zealand Markets.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.