Technical Solutions Engineer at MANTL
MANTL is a fast-growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company on a mission to build technology that will help America’s financial institutions and their communities thrive. Think Shopify or Squarespace, but purpose-built for community banks and credit unions. We are drastically changing the landscape through modern banking software that empowers banks and credit unions to grow digitally.
Our flagship product, Online Account Opening, has quickly become considered best in class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. Suffice it to say, our customers love MANTL.
Since launching our first product in 2017, we have built several new products, thoughtfully grown the team, and have become a market leader.Who makes up our team?
People are our most important asset and the number one reason we all love working at MANTL. As a team, we value accountability, transparency and collaboration. We have agile teams, with clear, outcomes-focused goals.
We’re a group of passionate technologists with backgrounds spanning across engineering, product, and design. We support an open and transparent culture that helps foster productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well - people who will gladly go out of their way to help others with things big and small.
We are always a work in progress and love hearing feedback from our team.Technical Solutions Engineer
The Technical Solutions Engineer will provide immediate technical support to the customer success and implementation teams as well as the wider commercial organization to achieve scalability and growth.
You should enjoy deconstructing complex technical problems and building scalable, comprehensive solutions cross-functionally to continually improve internal tools, systems, and processes.
In this role, you will work directly with clients to understand their needs and solve their issues. You will fix bugs, implement MANTL installations, and improve features. Ultimately, you will build systems and internal tools for all teams in the Customer Success organization to ensure that our clients are successful.
This Solutions Engineer role is a great opportunity to come in early and make a large impact at MANTL. The role provides the basis for many growth opportunities within the company, such as potential moves into software engineering.
- 3-5 years of Solutions or Software Engineering experience
- Experience performing bug/incident investigation and impact/root cause analysis using relational database technologies such as PostgreSQL
- Experience performing bug/incident investigation and impact/root cause analysis using browser console technologies such as Chrome dev tools
- Experience performing bug/incident investigation and impact/root cause analysis using application log aggregation tools such as LogDNA and DataDog
- Experience manipulating data in spreadsheet programs Google Sheets/Microsoft Excel
- Experience using HTTP API tools such as Postman or similar to perform investigations and kick off processes
We Are Looking For:
- A true problem solver that uses broad thinking to strategically develop elegant solutions
- A clear communicator that can express and translate technical requirements into language understandable and digestible by different audiences
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and intelligently prioritize as well as appropriately get consensus from colleagues
- Ability to make quickly ascertain client needs when faced with ambiguous requirements
- Ability to learn and master software tools like DataGrip, Postico, BigQuery, or Looker
- “A” player who has a strong desire to build systems in parallel to solve problems and contribute to the direction of the team and company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Experience creating cross-team processes and documentation
- High level of attention to detail and drive to get things right the first time
Nice To Haves:
- JIRA proficiency or similar project management software
- Familiarity with Freshdesk
- Familiarity with BigQuery
- Familiarity with CLI tools
- Familiarity with debugging / tracing code
WHAT YOU'LL LOVE ABOUT US:
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day. We offer a unique employee experience based on the values of transparency, accountability and collaboration, and we are deeply proud of our culture. From unlimited vacation and fully covered health benefits to interesting and fun team events, we strive to show we truly care about our employees happiness and engagement.