Trader, Director at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Gemini Trading
Our growing team is made up of skilled traders who combine knowledge of traditional financial markets with crypto experience to provide best in class execution for our clients. As a member of this department you will cover client management and execution services for both crypto native funds and traditional asset managers. On the cutting edge of execution services, this department will evolve into both new products and new jurisdictions as the market progresses and regulation permits.
The Role: Director, Trader
In this role, you'll work with the global trading team to increase trading volume to Gemini’s OTC Desk. Our client’s success is our success and as a result you will be constantly ideating and iterating on execution services across products and jurisdictions. The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, with the ability to balance and communicate priorities as Gemini continues to scale its customer base and product suite.
- Increase OTC volume by sourcing, building, and maintaining relationships with Gemini’s OTC customers and liquidity venues
- Collaborate with our Business Development and Product departments on novel ways to support customer’s execution requirements
- Produce market insights that can be leveraged in customer interactions
- Understand and communicate underlying token/decentralized ecosystem dynamics
- Keep an up to date empirical analysis of risk/reward dynamics as it pertains to the liquidity of individual trading pairs
- 7+ years of experience in trader role within an OTC market
- Experience in both spot and option execution
- Experience in a client relationship management role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven experience driving business decisions
- Team-oriented and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds
- Experience in on a repo or securities lending desk in addition to above spot/option otc market experience
- Software development experience
- Previous experience in the crypto ecosystem
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.