Underwriting Assistant, Health Insurance
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.The Job
As a Health Underwriting Assistant at Justworks, you are someone who has a deep intellectual curiosity. Your days will be spent assisting our team of Underwriters with file review and data reconciliation needs related to prospective customers health insurance applications. As part of one of the fastest growing parts of Justworks, you will witness your ideas turn into process and procedure improvements. You enjoy being in a fast-moving iterative environment with a strong culture.What you'll do
- Review applications and related documentation for acceptability according to underwriting guidelines and determine tasks to be completed before moving forward
- Ensure all required customer documentation is accurate and collected in a timely manner
- Act as liaison with vendors and internal sales teams through direction of leadership
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, and create resolutions
- Communicate with company underwriters and internal teams to provide status or additional assistance as needed
- 4-Year College Degree
- Demonstrate the ability to learn on the fly and apply new information/concepts into practice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented - able to review complicated data sets for accuracy
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.