Vendor Manager at CredSimple
CredSimple is building a healthcare technology company that serves the $10B niche of provider network management. We’re looking to grow our team with world-class talent who are not only motivated to carry out their specific roles but also help build an organization that continues to be a great place to work as we scale.
We sell to clients that span the healthcare spectrum from tech-savvy healthcare startups to 100-year-old, Fortune 500 health insurance companies. We’re solving very real and challenging problems in the healthcare industry.
We’re committed to equal opportunity in our quest to hire and retain top talent. We believe in supporting our people in both personal and professional growth goals and pay attention to goals, celebrate milestones, and encourage you to learn continuously. We love working with self-starters, doers, collaborators and the insanely motivated.
We are looking for an experienced Vendor Manager based in New York City. You’ll join a talented and passionate team who enjoys working with our clients, solving tough problems, and improving the healthcare industry.
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role, you will work directly with outsourced vendors to tackle CredSimple’s complex provider data entry and enrichment, as well as execute special projects to meet business objectives. You will be responsible for ensuring that CredSimple maintains the highest level of service, meaning efficient and accurate work, for the 10,000s of primary source verifications we complete each month. You will monitor and report against key metrics, partner with stakeholders to drive performance improvements, and work cross-functionally to implement needed process changes. You will be the primary point of contact for relationships and interactions with our outsourced agent vendors.The outcomes we’re looking for:
- Work hand-in-hand with the vendors’ management teams to monitor the productivity and quality of a large workforce of agents responsible for data entry, outbound calls, and primary source verifications
- Build an excellent understanding of the credentialing workflows and operating systems (internal tools, phone system, workforce management, reporting dashboards) and how they come together
- Analyze, share, critique, and drive improvement in partner performance across all defined metrics and identify trends, opportunities, issues, concerns, and successes to leadership
- Identify and implement strategies to improve the efficiency, transparency, and quality of provider service
- Partner cross-functionally to craft the design, workflows, and timelines, scope costs, and execute special projects with our vendors on an as-needed basis
- Travel to vendor site(s) to evaluate site performance, roll out new programs, and deepen relationships with local management teams (1-2x/year)
- Work in conjunction with our Learning and Development team to refine ongoing trainings for our agent teams, as well as with leaders of each credentialing product to ensure adequate dispatch of resources
- Improve the performance of our business by executing on operational initiatives such as:
- Workflow evaluation and redesign to reduce error rates and processing times
- Internal feedback mechanisms which result in process and product improvement
About youCompetencies Required:
- Innovative: You’re eager to drive innovation and company-wide process improvements, even when it would be easier to leave things the way they are.
- Big Picture Thinker: You're a conceptual thinker with experience monitoring the performance of large teams and developing processes - you can get in the weeds but see above them.
- Thrive in ambiguity: You’re at your best when you have a complicated problem with an unclear solution ahead of you.
- Communication: You’re able to communicate clearly, effectively, and concisely with whoever you’re interacting with. Whether it’s our BPO partners, internal stakeholders, or the agent team on the ground, you’re able to get people on the same page and make yourself understood.
- You’re culturally-sensitive and professional in interpersonal interactions (e.g. partnering, conflict management, consulting, etc.) and open to giving/receiving constructive feedback to internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail Oriented: You can keep track of a million moving pieces across multiple teams in multiple countries.
- 3+ years of experience in operations, customer service, project management, business process outsourcing, or similar field
- Comfortable with workflows, process improvement, and Six Sigma/Lean principles
- Strong project management skills
- Strong quantitative analysis skills (with advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills) and use of data to make decisions and to influence others
- Willing and eager to roll up your sleeves and get to know the business at the lowest level of detail
- Experience performance managing, coaching, and improving the metrics of external-facing service teams
- Prior management experience within the BPO industry, either with call center or data entry vendors
- Experience developing a vendor management process
- Knowledge of health care, health insurance, and/or provider data
- Intermediate or above SQL skills