At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
Paxos is looking for a high-performing VP of Business Development to join our team and help accelerate the exciting growth of the Paxos Platform. We are looking for a proven leader who has demonstrated success operating in a high-growth startup environment and selling enterprise SaaS in financial services or a similarly complex industry. Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing a high-performing Business Development team, and possess first-class communication, and relationship-building skills.
The Business Development team will play a vital role in growing Paxos’s revenue and expanding our customer base. You will build a small team of high-performing BD team members from the ground up, setting in place the right incentives and processes that will allow the team to succeed and scale.
Key to this role is an ability to understand Paxos technology, expertly communicate its benefits, and coach others to do the same. You and your team will need to win the trust of our potential clients by consultatively selling the value and possibilities of blockchain technology and the Paxos Platform.
You’ll be reporting to the Head of Strategy and collaborating closely with other key players on the team including Product, Customer Success, Marketing, Compliance, Legal and Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute a highly successful BD strategy and operating plan for the Paxos Platform
- Build our BD organization from the ground up with a relentless commitment to coaching the team in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills through all facets of the sales cycle
- Work closely with your cross-functional peers to drive clarity and simplicity for the Business Development organization to win with new prospects
- Define and implement required systems and processes required to meet aggressive growth targets
- Collaborate with CEO, Head of Strategy, and Product Management to determine near and long term growth objectives
- Prospect and qualify deals to generate a robust pipeline of BD opportunities
- Define strategies that demonstrate compelling value to expand and close complex enterprise technology BD opportunities
- Negotiate win-win economics in contracts that support profitable, long-term customer relationships
- Prioritize ruthlessly, dedicating the team’s time and resources on the most promising opportunities and constantly re-evaluating how to efficiently manage less obvious ones
What you need to have:
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS BD in dynamic, fast paced, and results orientated organizations
- Significant track record of closing high value solution deals in complex fintech / SaaS at USD$2-$10 million deal size
- Deep executive knowledge and credibility in financial services with some understanding of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency
- Outstanding client engagement skills:
- Polished, articulate, and credible when communicating with partners in business and social settings
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal and listening skills
- Focus on understanding the clients’ business needs and challenges, and how Paxos can meet them creatively
- Ability to present and discuss information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances client understanding of the enterprise
- Ability to create a strong collaborative work environment between the client and Paxos
- Demonstrated ability to contribute strategically to clients and company, combined with comfort to roll sleeves up and dig into the executional detail
- Ability to thrive in a entrepreneurial startup environment that’s fast-evolving while creating a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Ability to work independently and collaborate closely with internal constituencies
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing BD organization
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team.
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 110 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquarie, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature