Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Paxos is looking for a high-performing VP of Business Development to join our team and help accelerate the exciting growth of the Paxos Platform. We are looking for a proven leader who has demonstrated success operating in a high-growth startup environment and selling enterprise SaaS in financial services or a similarly complex industry. Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing a high-performing Business Development team, and possess first-class communication, and relationship-building skills.
You’ll be reporting to the Head of Strategy and collaborating closely with other key players on the team including Product, Customer Success, Marketing, Compliance, Legal and Operations.
As a VP of Business Development, you’ll get to:
- Create and execute a highly successful BD strategy and operating plan for the Paxos Platform
- Build our BD organization from the ground up with a relentless commitment to coaching the team in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills through all facets of the sales cycle
- Work closely with your cross-functional peers to drive clarity and simplicity for the Business Development organization to win with new prospects
- Define and implement required systems and processes required to meet aggressive growth targets
- Collaborate with CEO, Head of Strategy, and Product Management to determine near and long term growth objectives
- Prospect and qualify deals to generate a robust pipeline of BD opportunities
- Define strategies that demonstrate compelling value to expand and close complex enterprise technology BD opportunities
- Negotiate win-win economics in contracts that support profitable, long-term customer relationships
- Prioritize ruthlessly, dedicating the team’s time and resources on the most promising opportunities and constantly re-evaluating how to efficiently manage less obvious ones
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS BD in dynamic, fast paced, and results oriented organizations
- Significant track record of closing high value solution deals in complex fintech / SaaS at USD$2-$10 million deal size
- Deep executive knowledge and credibility in financial services with some understanding of blockchain technology and cryptocurrency
- Strong track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing BD organization
You might also have:
- Demonstrated ability to contribute strategically to clients and company, combined with comfort to roll sleeves up and dig into the executional detail
- Ability to thrive in a entrepreneurial startup environment that’s fast-evolving while creating a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- Ability to work independently and collaborate closely with internal constituencies
- Outstanding client engagement skills:
- Polished and credible when communicating with partners in business and social settings
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal and listening skills
- Experience understanding the clients’ business needs and challenges
- Ability to present and discuss information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances client understanding of the enterprise
- Ability to create a strong collaborative work environment
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Facebook's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
- Paxos Supports Flourish Crypto
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more open, trusted economy.