VP, Business Development at Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain, and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of more than USD$100m and a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series D in 2020, raising US$80m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
Rokt is seeking an experienced business development professional to drive growth by successfully forming partnerships with some of the worlds greatest e-commerce businesses deploying the Rokt e-commerce marketing technology.
Reporting to our SVP, Business Development this role will be responsible for initiating, developing, and nurturing new high level strategic partnership opportunities with e-commerce businesses across the region as well as working with the executive team to open up new markets.
You're a strong fit for this role if you have a sharp, commercial mind that takes a solutions approach to solve complex client problems. You have experience in either enterprise SAAS, IT solutions and/or e-commerce business development roles. You are used to selling into the C-Level of large, complex organizations with a long sales cycle, managing multiple stakeholders and pulling together complex technical solutions. You're a self-starter and an organized teammate who thrives in a dynamic, results driven environment.Responsibilities:
- Develop the business development strategy for your pod with the executive team to plan the appropriate growth for the business & provide quarterly forecasts of expected growth
- Penetrate target accounts at corporate levels through executive briefings/meetings to develop an intimate understanding of customer's business, technical issues and organizational structure, and document using appropriate systems.
- Move client prospects through the funnel, from consideration to executed contract including managing the pitch process; oversee internal process for responding to RFPs and preparing for pitches
- Manage successful working relationships with Executive team, SDR’s, VP Operations Consulting & Industry Vertical VP’s to successfully acquire, launch and grow supply partners.
- Contribute to the development of Rokt’s marketing materials, including credentials / capabilities, case studies and collateral material.
- Maintain updated Hubspot database of prospect contacts, leads, and deal opportunities.
- Ultimately continuously achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals
- 8+ years experience with proven track record of closing high value solution sales in complex SaaS/ Technology services services at between a $4 to 20 million deal size
- Must have a proven track record of selling into and building credible relationships at the "C" level as well as through the organisation
- Professional client-facing skills. Polished, articulate and credible when communicating with partners in business and social settings. Full comprehension of client businesses and needs.
- A curious mind with a strong desire to leverage creative problem-solving skills to develop new ideas and revenue opportunities for the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to think conceptually as well as engage in the detail
- Entrepreneurial background, attitude or ambition is a plus. Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal constituencies is key.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal and listening skills.
- Understanding of digital media and emerging marketing and ad tech is preferred
- Past experience and deep executive knowledge & credibility of one of our priority industry verticals of e-commerce/Retail, Travel or Events & Ticketing is a bonus
- Bachelor's/Master's degree. Post-graduate degree not a requirement but well received.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.