VP, Channel Sales at Rokt
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Sydney in 2012, Rokt now operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, Groupon, GoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With an annual revenue run rate of USD$150m+ & a vibrant company culture, Rokt was recently listed in Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ in New York. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment will support our continued investment in research & development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having great fun transforming the world of ecommerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
The mission of this role is to lead commercial channel sales activity, activating opportunities with some of Rokt’s most strategic partners. Partnering with the Business Development and Customer Success teams, this position will have ownership for driving sell-in and sell-thru of Rokt’s comprehensive suite of products to strategic partners using a number of tactics at your disposal including education & enablement, events, workshops, account mapping strategies and strategic content development. The VP, Channel Sales will work across Rokt, driving alignment and collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Operations and partner training/enablement teams to build a fully integrated channel strategy. Additionally, the Manager will look to identify incremental product and sales opportunities which will grow Rokt’s relationships with key Strategic Partners. The VP will build a compelling business strategy, fueled by a market driven innovation agenda which optimizes Partner relationships, resulting in measurable business growth.
You enjoy wearing multiple hats - context shifting from business development, strategy, consulting, marketing, technology architecture, MarTech, AdTech, and sales is something which keeps you engaged and excited. You are comfortable being an individual contributor and “owning” your portfolio of business. You are naturally curious and want to understand how businesses operate and how they can be improved. You believe in the value of building relationships based on trust and integrity.
This role will provide the successful candidate with professional growth, with a real opportunity for career progression and international travel as the company expands globally.
Outcomes & responsibilities:
- Build pipeline and drive revenue from Rokt’s Strategic Partner ecosystem
- Identify and drive net-new leads from partners into the sales funnel
- Increase the productivity of existing partners through strategic planning, consulting and training/enablement sessions.
- Develop the programs required to execute the mutual plans
- Own Partner Sales revenue numbers and reporting, establishing monthly/quarterly business reviews to achieve the mutual objectives established
- Build best in class relationships with your partners and become their trusted advisor (including sales, pre-sales, marketing, consulting & executive levels)
- Develop compelling business value propositions that encourage partners to adopt and invest in advocating Rokt solutions
- Leverage flexible attitude and team mentality to adapt with ongoing change within Rokt and Partner environments.
- Developing & executing collaborative Partner Business Plans to include marketing activities, to achieve mutual goals.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of partner’s value drivers, economics & business models. And how they integrate with Rokt’s strategy and goals.
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and performance metrics in line with corporate objectives.
- Ensures partner compliance with their agreements and manages potential channel conflict between partners and clients
Capabilities & requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university
- 5-7 years of relevant sales experience
- Exceeding quota, achieving strategic objectives, and coaching others to crush their sales goals are ideal backgrounds.
- Experience with SaaS, executive coaching, and/or assessments within a high-growth environment a strong plus.
- Channel sales, sales management, and/or technology sales experience with an established track record of success.
- Solid experience creating and building differentiated relationships with strategic partners
- Self-motivated problem-solver comfortable wearing multiple and diverse hats
- Experience in digital media, preferably AdTech and MarTech
- Comfort and experience with G Suite as analysis and presentation tools
- Proven communication, questioning and listening skills in formal and informal settings
- Consultative approach to relationship-building with a drive towards results
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.