VP, Customer Success
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Location: New York, NY
Help shape the future of mobile security. You’ll be at the forefront of innovating and inventing how industries, from financial to enterprise, use mobile data to curate solutions for mobile identity certainty and authentication while, of course, enjoying a cold brew in the office, if that’s your style.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. As a lens to how outsiders see Payfone, you will represent a team of people who love what they do and who they work with.
As the head of Customer Success, The VP, Customer Success will be a relationship management expert who will provide best in class customer service, ensuring a seamless implementation and onboarding experience for our clients. The VP will own critical client functions, which include increasing adoption, ensuring retention, identifying new revenue opportunities and maintaining/increasing satisfaction. The VP will scale the Customer Success function and manage a team that will include account managers, professional service engineers and implementation specialists.
The VP must have excellent customer management and business consultancy skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable acting as a player-manager with the ability to roll up their sleeves to ensure client satisfaction.
As the head of Customer Success, the VP will own be responsible for Account Management, Customer Support, Implementation, and Professional Services. For each business group, the VP of Customer Success will do the following:
The account management group ensures customer satisfaction and revenue retention while identifying opportunities for revenue growth. Under this function, the VP will:
• Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with clients; drive continued value of our products and services; and delegate as necessary.
• Manage the largest channel partner and direct accounts. This will require direct management while staffing needs are determined and while revenue ramps.
• Identify and communicate opportunities to enhance our product features through customer interaction
• Identify revenue opportunities within existing client relationships and evaluate opportunities to develop new revenue.
• Develop and deliver innovative self-service strategies targeting increased revenue and margin growth.
• Support negotiations of contract renewals or amendments to existing customer agreements
• Develop and regularly report on customer success KPIs that will measure implementation, product adoption, speed of revenue and client satisfaction.
• Create staffing plan to grow Account Management team as the need arises.
• Work with Marketing to create sales tool kits, training materials, webinars, and documents for client onboarding.
• Manage a team of billable consultants who will be responsible for client implementations
• Document implementation best practices and incorporate into a standardized approach for implementation success
• Hold the organization, partners and customers accountable to achieve contractual deliverables, which include aligning contract deliverables and product roadmap in conjunction with implementation group and third parties as necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 10 to 15 years of relevant experience with SaaS or direct B2B high-tech solutions.
• Experience in account management including owning client revenue goals and identifying upsell and cross sell opportunities.
• Prior experience building, automating and managing Client Success or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, ROI realization, and retention including delivering 24/7/365 on call support.
• Prior experience in managing own P&L and interfacing with Finance and Sales to forecast revenue and cost.
• Track record of achievement through both independent action and team leadership. • Demonstrable process improvement and automation capabilities as well as the creation of training materials, webinars and documents for client onboarding.
• Familiarity working with data privacy rules especially within financial services, healthcare and government sectors.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four-year college or university in related field, technical degree preferred.
• Experience managing technical support staff and relationship managers.
• Detail oriented, analytical and comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Must be able to express empathy speaking with clients and have stellar communication skills.
A compensation package composed of a base salary and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included.
Payfone is the leading digital identity authentication network for the connected world. Our real-time, passive identity authentication solutions enable consumers and the world’s largest banks, insurers, brokerages and technology companies to thwart digital identity theft and transact with trust. Learn more at http://www.payfone.com and https://www.linkedin.com/company/payfone.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
No employment sponsorship will be provided.