VP, Enterprise Sales
Min. Experience: 10+ years of enterprise technology sales
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You're a senior software sales professional with extensive experience building, growing and leading a high-profile enterprise business vertical. As our VP, Enterprise Sales, you'll help Dataminr develop and break into a new vertical that helps our enterprise clients solve their most difficult data challenges.
You have strong sales leadership skills and a track record in building and scaling strategies that deliver growth results against aggressive business targets. You're an expert at building organizational structure and processes, developing meaningful value propositions, and holding your business to the highest performance and accountability standards.
You're ready to harness your enterprise sales experience and jump into a high-growth tech startup to help us build out a brand new function at the enterprise level.
- Plan and implement corporate sales strategy for Dataminr's Enterprise business by leveraging market knowledge and developing product position and value proposition
- Develop and manage a robust pipeline of cross-vertical sales opportunities with a focus on strategic accounts
- Manage relevant client relationships and recommend program solutions to facilitate increased cross selling
- Provide business development and thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities and incremental business success
- Own and provide market leadership to sales teams, serving as subject matter expert throughout the full sales cycle
- Become an expert on Dataminr's platform with a deep understanding of its functionality, features and impact for clients
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Revenue Operations, Marketing, and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Execute tactical and strategic sales account plans for existing and new clients, including handling client queries effectively and dealing with objections during the sales process
- Lead client mission and operational processes, identifying ways to integrate Dataminr into our clients' workflows and recommending best practices
- Maintain constant awareness of markets and competitive activity, making appropriate strategic and tactical sales recommendations to always stay one step ahead
- Manage, motivate and develop one direct report
- Must be willing to travel 25-30% as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably in fast-paced, technology & data product driven environments
- Extensive experience selling into global strategic accounts with a strong track record of negotiation and closing
- Expertise in prospecting, cross-selling and developing relationships with C-level executives
- Demonstrated quota achievement and territory growth
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Knowledge of open-source and social media analysis efforts of corporate clients
- Experience with Salesforce of similar CRM
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.