Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
The Vice President of Growth will be charged with building and leading a team to help grow Paxful’s presence globally. You will work with new and existing partners to understand the gaps while creating strategic initiatives to develop and nurture these relationships. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Vice President of Growth will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- As Vice President of Growth, you will oversee B2C markets and B2B partnerships teams responsible for building up markets around the world. Create and implement new commercial models to enable new product launches or support new business strategies.
- Understand our partners’ strategic priorities, challenges, and develop internal roadmaps for growth; regularly communicate insights and strategic recommendations to other executive stakeholders.
- Hire, develop, and manage a global team to execute effective and innovative tactics that drive growth
- Identify partnership gaps (with existing and new partners) and effectively close deals that solve for those gaps. Be responsible for defining our partnership strategy and tracking deal performance, measuring pricing realization, and identifying levers for uplift.
- Promote and develop relationships with industry bodies, partner organizations, and more to drive growth opportunities.
Who You Are
- You're a veteran of the financial services industry looking to break out of its archaic ways to create real value and impact for billions of people.
- Interested in or experience with crypto. You have both the strategic thinking and tactical grit to develop plans and teams around the world; love setting up a vision, plan, and winning!
- You know the importance of, and love, developing others. Winning is a team sport, you know how to contribute to executive plans while asking for guidance and input from others.
What We’re Looking For
- 10+ years of demonstrated excellence in business development or partnership roles; 5+ years of strong leadership experience building globally distributed B2C and B2B teams with ambitious revenue goals (50%+ YOY) and achieving them.
- Demonstrate competency at seamlessly interfacing with Marketing, Product, and Executive-level contacts internally; ability to think both tactically and strategically, able to help shape and execute overall strategy.
- Expert at setting financial objectives for growth, planning and executing upon strategies necessary for the achievement of regional revenue and profit objectives; establish, track and report on key metrics for all managed functions and driving continuous improvement
- Mentoring and coaching of employee(s) to ensure personal/team growth and achievement of company goals or objectives
- Strong understanding of financial services, the payments industry, and bonus points for crypto knowledge; passionate about delivering financial products and services can be delivered better to underserved marketing around the world.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Stocked fridges and kitchens along with a daily meal credit, Thursday happy hours, and team outings that you do not want to miss!
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.