VP, Strategy & Business Development at Pager
VP, Strategy & Business Development
New York, NY
At Pager, we are on a mission to fundamentally transform the consumer experience in accessing the healthcare system. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance and care for one another. We strive to continually deliver the best results and focus on how every action taken helps push Pager forward.
Reporting to and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and broader commercial team, the VP of Strategy & Business Development will be responsible for building and expanding Pager’s health plan footprint on the national scale and further defining and evangelizing Pager’s value proposition. This individual will spearhead Pager’s go-to-market strategy, industry segmentation, deal sourcing, deal shaping, and execution efforts across the payer market and IDN arena. S/he will be responsible for growing existing client contracts and relationships as well as identifying and securing contracts with new prospects. S/he will develop and maintain long-term relationships with key senior health plan leaders and lead the sales strategy and execution to effectively provide solutions to these clients.
This individual should have a proven track record of managing relationships in the healthcare payer market and will leverage his/her existing rolodex to orchestrate complex contracts with health plans. Relationship-driven and mission-oriented, this commercial leader will build strong relationships with a consultative sales mindset. S/he will be passionate about Pager’s mission to be a consumer-first patient engagement and care coordination platform revolutionizing the delivery of care.
- Formulate and articulate go-to market strategy, identifying prospective health plan and IDN partners and executing on existing BD pipeline
- Develop and execute a regional and national sales plan, strategically identifying target organizations and building a pipeline to expand beyond existing clients and pilots
- Develop relationships with Pager champions within client organizations to facilitate collective buy-in among diverse range of client stakeholders
- Function as a deal-driver and deal-shaper; identify, construct, negotiate, and close complex gain-share and/or population health improvement-based deals
- Understand target customer’s business needs, leveraging consultative skills to develop customized proposals
- Serve as the internal health plan expert and act as a thought partner to other executives
- Drive consensus among product, engineering, marketing, and operations teams within Pager to ensure successful messaging and execution of client contract
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred
- 8-12 years of Business Development/ Sales/ Consulting experience at a payer-facing entity, consulting firm, or health plan
- Exhibit a “roll up your sleeves” work ethic and motivation to work tenaciously to drive long-term enterprise value growth.
- Deep experience and understanding of the healthcare payer space and a proven experience executing large, complex, deals, and long-term client partnerships into a variety of healthcare stakeholders, including regional health plans and other at-risk organizations
- Entrepreneurial mindset and drive; understands how to intelligently use resources (i.e., capital and talent) to realize vision and see it through to success
- Relationship-oriented, people-centric, high EQ executive who leads with a mission-driven lens; track record of being a strong leader as well as a collaborative colleague
- Ability to be in New York or San Francisco with company executives and travel nationally to meet prospective and existing clients
- Comfortable with high pressure for execution on complex deals
- Proactive doer who thrives in autonomous environment
- Strong communicator who can distill complex ideas and data-sets into clear, actionable insights for both clients and team members
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.