Wholesale Account Executive: Furniture Stores at Casper
The Wholesale Account Executive will be the primary position focused exclusively on the development of domestic wholesale accounts with the ultimate goal of the owning and growing our Furniture Store partnerships. The Account Executive will have experience managing large scale home accounts. Familiarity with all aspects of account management including product knowledge, planning and allocation, EDI, co-op marketing, product delivery cadence and both store and e-com business.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you're not catching zzz's here's what you'll do...
- Oversee execution and management of existing large-scale domestic furniture store partnerships with the potential to on boarding for new furniture accounts
- Own external launch of new partnerships and product; structure deals and manage towards quarterly sales budgets
- Partner with tech, finance, operations, creative and product teams to launch new product and optimize business performance
- Partner with planning team to build and revise projections, identify risk and upside opportunity and roll accounts into global annual and demand plans
- Partner with marketing to develop and execute marketing initiatives with furniture store accounts in order to ensure the success
- Act as the glue: as key communicator, informer and liaison between the partners & Casper teams by building and maintaining relationships with retail partners
- Participate in weekly commercial business review meeting as key stakeholder
- Identify, react and create new opportunities to drive business with an account
- Represent the Casper brand and core values
- Review all PO’s and coordinate EDI integration, 3PL and warehouse integration relative to account pool
- Report to the Director Global Wholesale, based in New York
- Three years minimal account executive level experience working for a known brand conducting wholesale business
- Excellent retail math skills including all margin reviews
- Experience negotiating key business points including margin, RTV’s, Marketing allowances, etc.
- Excellent excel and associated skills and use of all Microsoft Suite and Google programs
- Excellent team member within The Global Partnership Team
- Experience presenting to accounts
- Excellent communication skills including but not limited to keeping both direct and functional superiors apprised of all relevant daily account updates
- Ability to maintain excellent records of all meeting and create/communicate accurate meeting notes
- Ability to communicate cross functionally with all internal partners including finance, legal, marketing, logistics, tech, operations, merchandising, retail and experience
- Belief in The Casper Brand and culture and the relevance of a good night’s sleep
- BA in business, finance or liberal arts
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!..
- A generous product allowance!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!