Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
DigitalOcean’s software engineers develop next-generation cloud infrastructure technology that will change how millions of developers build, deploy, and scale web applications. Our mission is to simplify cloud infrastructure; this requires knowledge in many different fields, from distributed systems, virtualization, software defined networking, storage at scale, real-time data processing, and user interface design.
Our security engineering team is responsible for building innovative tools to protect and detect malicious activity in the DigitalOcean infrastructure. You will work closely with the rest of the security team to ensure that the tools and applications you create fit into the larger security vision, and address meaningful risks. If you’re looking to build things instead of clicking on an interface then this is the role for you!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build production-grade security tools to enhance the security of the infrastructure and systems
- Work with other engineering teams to help them understand security implications
- Educating our employees about security issues
- Investigating and responding to incidents with the assistance of other team members and impacted teams
- Conduct security reviews and tests of corporate and production infrastructure
- Assist in the development and maintenance of incident response plans
- Be an integral part of defining next generation security tools and technologies
What You'll Need:
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and architectures
- Strong knowledge of network infrastructures and defense-in-depth
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies and their security implications
- Experience with linux-based environments and different distros
- Experience with security monitoring and alerting
- Experience in a devops environment
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools like Chef and Ansible
- An ability to build great tools and make them production-usable
- An ability to think outside the box
- Computer Science degree or cumulative relevant experience
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose coding languages (Python, Ruby, Go, Scala)
Why You'll Like Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.