CB Insights is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. A successful candidate is able operate in a fast paced growth environment combining excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to ensure accuracy of the financial statements.
- Ensures all expenses are accurately recorded
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements
- Assists in external audit by providing schedules for general ledger
- Assists in sales tax calculations and payments
- Oversees commission calculations to ensure monthly and quarterly payments are according to plan
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Assist in preparation of accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule.
- Monitors revenue accounts to ensure that all revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have an accounting degree and at least 4 years’ experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Advanced Excel
- Prior experience with Intacct accounting software a plus
- Knowledge of SaaS industry, GAAP revenue recognition rules and reporting metrics is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of integrity and professionalism including the ability to successfully deal with sensitive or confidential information
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.