Senior Analyst, Financial Analytics
We all love what we do, and we all love doing it together, because we demand the best people to make the best Venmo.
Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the foreboding walls of financial transactions to make them intuitive and even fun with friends. And it worked, people love sending money with Venmo.
But we’re not done. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place you use your money. We want to connect the people of the world with their money, in an intuitive way, then connect them with each other in a genuine way.
All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together.
Financial Analytics at Venmo
We’re looking for the smart people who love working with data and want to make an outsized impact at a fast-growing company. The successful individual will be hyper-analytical, intellectually curious, and extremely passionate about data and reporting.
As a member of the Financial Analytics team at Venmo you will be part of the Global Consumer Experience and Technology (CET) Finance organization with many opportunities for future career growth. The CET Finance team is a key partner and enabler of the Global product and engineering organization at PayPal. The team is responsible for helping them meet business objectives and KPI goals by providing outstanding finance support and business insights.
- Leverage data & systems to support robust Venmo financial analytics and reporting to the Venmo leadership team
- Create queries to mine data, develop metrics, and create ad-hoc reporting as needed; data systems and technologies competence is expected, specifically Looker, Teradata, Tableau, MSSQL (or advanced proficiency in other statistical data analysis tools such as SAS, R, etc.)
- Partner with and develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams across product, marketing and engineering
- Analyze and understand core business processes and data flows to design and develop reporting solutions and dashboards that are scalable, repeatable and effective
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence growth of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Drive understanding of Venmo’s operations, investments and P&L
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
Prerequisite Knowledge and Proficiencies:
- Working knowledge of relational databases and SQL tuning; strong database, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify issues, analyze information, and provide feedback and solutions
- Ability to understand the interdependency of technology and business processes
- Skill in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and prioritizing work effectively to meet deadlines
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Self-motivated. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines
- Must display a high level of professionalism, sound judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with several stakeholders
- Knowledge of internal systems and software (SAP and related modules)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Visio, Word, PowerPoint)
Education and Experience:
- BS, MS or MBA degree in Finance, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or related field
- 5+ years of progressive experience in data analysis and reporting using quantitative approaches; strong mathematical skills required
- 1+ year of general experience in one or more of the following areas: financial services, payments or credit card processing is a plus
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages (Python, Java, and/or C++) and packages such as R, MATLAB, Excel, etc. preferred
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.