Senior Android Engineer
We have secured a $30M Series B round of funding and are backed by Menlo Ventures, Google Ventures, USV, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Osage, Lux Capital, LDV Capital, and Corazon Capital. To continue to succeed, we need people like you to join the team here in NYC!
Clarifai is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
The deep learning revolution has given computers a new fundamental sense: sight. Clarifai makes it easy for developers to teach computers how to see.
We are excited for you to bring your mobile engineering expertise to help make our computer vision technology available on mobile devices and analyze the massive amounts of visual content users generate.
We are looking for computer scientists and software engineers who love:
- Developing libraries, frameworks, and SDKs for Android (in all of its many flavors).
- Discussing architecture and implementation of SDKs embedding Clarifai's A.I. technology.
- Building reusable objects to be shared among several layers and architectures (think of the many flavors of Android running on phones, TVs. and other devices)
- Implementing interoperability between Java and C++ (JNI, NDK).
- Crafting consumer-facing UI components encapsulating the complexity of the underlying layers.
- Developing showcase apps utilizing Clarifai's technology and their potential.
The mobile team is lean and very focused; and we collaborate directly with the research, design, data, and marketing teams.
In your first month, you will start off by learning the ropes. You will:
- Learn our technology stack. Whether you are passionate about mobile, backend, frontend, or all-of-the-above, we want you to get familiar with what we've built so far.
- Understand the progress that we have made on integrating our cloud-based API's with our mobile applications and SDK.
- Refine, iterate, and improve upon what has been built already.
3 months later, you start putting yourself out there. You will implement new features in our existing SDKs, libraries, and tools.
6 months down the road, you will be on your way to making sure that when people think of Clarifai, they think of mobile. You will:
- Have a deep understanding of our tech stack, our code base, and what we have added to it since you've started.
- Make meaningful contributions to the code base and major progress on our priority products.
- Propose and implement new and exciting applications of our technology.
In 12 months, you'll be bringing mobile to the forefront of Clarifai's product line, and in the future, you will strive to have Clarifai on every mobile device in some capacity.
As a Senior Android Engineer at Clarifai, you will help bring A.I. into the physical world. You are going to help us make it possible to understand images and video in real-time, which enables brand new types of applications never built before.